Monday, July 30, 2007

THE BUG THAT KEPT ON GIVING

We just returned after our five week vacation!!!!! We (myself more than anything) were so sad to see it end. I was thinking when I left Atlanta that I'd probably be ready to come home by the end of five weeks. I don't know if it's cause we're so far away, but I was ready to go a few more weeks. I'm definitely ready to move back West but I know I must wait a few more years. I'm counting down the days.... We first flew to Portland to spend a week with Adam's family in Oregon, Kenedee and I then went to Idaho to spend time with my family. My brother got home from his mission on July 12th and it's been non-stop festivities from then on. We went to Lake Powell last week and had a sweet old time, other than the fact that the flu bug struck our camp. We think it actually began the week earlier at my brother's Homecoming cause the next day Adam and my aunt Earlene were so sick, throwing up, etc. Then my Aunt Janalyn and cousin Jace had it the few days before Powell. Kenedee and my cousin Jedd were struck next - the first day of our Lake Powell trip. They both had it pretty bad. This was the first time Kenedee has had the flu and it scared us pretty bad. It's not fun seeing your baby throw up constantly for three days in 100 degree weather, on a houseboat far from civilization. We were pretty nervous that she was going to get dehydrated with it being so hot and her not being able to keep anything down. Poor little thing. She's pretty small and petite to begin with but she had some meat on her, not anymore! She got super skinny and it took a few days after that for her to pick up her appetite. Not cool when I have her One-Year check-up in two weeks and the doctor will ask why she hasn't gained anything in six months??? I've got two weeks to beef her back up. Once Kenedee and Jedd were on the mend, it struck again, this time Gavin, then Kurt, followed by Jaren, Brooke, Kateo, Steve, my mom, Grandpa Earl, Kellie, and I think I had a touch of it. We couldn't believe it, 15 of our 20 party crew were hit by the bug that kept on giving. Nothing could ruin Powell though for my fam, it was still a party!

I knew Kenedee wasn't getting as much sleep as she normally does but I didn't realize that she was sleep deprived! She slept 12 hours straight last night. Then took an hour and a half morning nap and then a three and a half hour afternoon nap. Wow, she has some catching up to do. This was her normal routine before we left but have long since missed those days while on vacation. I wasn't sure if she would get back on her sleep schedule but I'm loving it once again! Don't worry, I'll be posting some pictures soon. Look out cause there will probably be quite a few!!!

7 comments:

Tiff and Dave said...

Sorry about the flu bug Kandis. We had that happen to our family last Thanksgiving.....NOT FUN!! Especially in Lake powell with the scrauny house boat toilets that usually don't smell great anyway. At least you had a houseboat and weren't just camping! Yikes! I'm heading to Idaho this weekend for a couple of weeks. Wish I could have seen you again! Hope to see you soon!

Barlow Fam said...

Glad you didn't come to Texas! : ) Just kidding, sorry to hear about the flu bug. There's nothing worse then getting sick on a vacation. I am glad you're back home to an awesome sleep schedule. Go Kenedee!

Elise said...

I am so jealous you got to go to Lake Powell and am so sorry you all got sick. Hope you are getting used to life in Alanta again!? I can't wait to see some pictures!
Love ya!

Katie said...

we got the flu bug this summer vacation as well. it does keep on giving becuase we have been for almost two months and Kaden just got it again. round two i guess!

Shaunte' said...

Hey Kandis! I bet you loved being at home, same as me. I was in MS for four weeks. I hated to leave, so I can relate to how much you miss your family. So scary about Kenedee getting sick,glad she is better now. Miss ya girl. Tell Adam and Kenedee "Hey" from the Smiths!

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

You're right Kandis, I am going to kill you. You were so close and probably went right by my house to get to Lincoln Beach. Next time . . . or else. We would love to see you. Maybe with Mom and Dad being in AL we can all get together soon. So good to hear from you. Take care, Stacey

Court and Britt said...

That sticks to get so sick on vacation!! I am glad you are all better now.