
(paste this address in a new window to see the rest of our pictures)...
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AauWjlw2bOGHU
I haven't blogged for awhile since we've been on vacation with the Barlow Family. Adam's dad turns 60!!!! this year so they got a beach house on the Oregon Coast where we spent the last week of June. The house was absolutely gorgeous. It had three floors: 7 bedrooms, 3 baths, a nice game room, many plasma tv's, and a beautiful view of the ocean. We were loving it, especially since we all had our own room (something we don't plan on with 10 kids in his family (making the total around 30 with spouses and kids). Everyone was able to make it except for Matt & Kristen. I wanted to give them a shout out since we totally missed them! We spent our days checking out the sites. We hit up Tillamook Cheese Factory, the Sea Lion Caves, the Glass-Blowing House, famous Mo's, and of course many walks to the beach. Each family took a turn making dinner each night, which was the best idea since it's hard to eat at restaurants with 30 people and you get sick of eating out every meal of the day. We had a potato bar, pasta, fish tacos, french dip sandwiches, and more tasty food. Each night after the kids went to bed, us adults would stay up and play games until the early morning hours. Playing games has already been a favorite each time we're together except this time, we added a new game to our mix... called weTunes. We had some good laughs. On Thursday night we had a special Birthday presentation for Dennis where each kid gave a 2 minute presentation. Adam and (mostly I) created a children's book for his dad, it turned out pretty cool. There were many laughs, tears, and special moments shared.
Adam flew home Sunday (July 1st) and Kenedee & I came to Idaho to spend the next month with my family. My little brother comes home from his mission on Thursday, July 12th!!!! He reports this Sunday and next weekend we're headed for Lake Powell! Party on!!!
10 comments:
We are so totally bummed we couldn't make it. Thanks so much for sending pictures. Matt and I are super excited to visit the ATL for Labor Day! Bite Kenedee's cheeks for us :)
wow, what a fun summer! are you coming to utah ever?
Kandis! I love all of these cute pics! It was so good to see you and Kenedee this weekend... finally! It had been way too long since the last visit... can you believe Kurt comes in two days? I can't wait to see him as well as your cool signs:)By the way, here's my blog: erinandcorey.blogspot.com. I haven't touched it much since I posted the first pics, but at least you now have the address! See you soon!
looks like lots of fun. There are always lots of laughs with the Barlow clan (and lots of games too) I am glad you are all having a fun summer. Lake Powell.... I am jealous :)
Those pictures are great and that beach house looks beautiful. Aren't vacations just the best?!!
How fun!!
Those were amazing pictures. Looks like y'all had a ball. How did you find the house?
Hey, a friend of mine just told me how to add links to your blog so people can just click and not cut and paste.
Write your blog and when there's a place you want to enter a link just highlight that word or phrase and then click the "link" button. It's the one next to "text color." Then there will be a space to enter the webpage. Vwala! I love this new blog tool, I've since seen it in my email box so I guess I can use it there too.
What the Kandis and Adam! This is Nikki Schroeder (crandall, now)!! How the heck are you guys?! I found your blog from Taylor and Kaycee Leishman's blog...how do you know them? Taylor and my husband were roommates all through their BYUI days. Random! I am so glad I found your blog...it's such a good way to keep updated on old friends. Anyway, you guys look like you're doing great, and Kenedee is adorable!! I have a 2 year old daughter, and I just had my second daughter a month ago. Our blog is www.crandalicious.blogspot.com Go check it out if you want, and leave me a happy post :) Is Adam still doing pest control? That was the last I heard of you guys, but I know that was forever ago. Anyway, I'm excited to reconnect with you guys!! Hope to hear from you soon!
Kandis I had so much fun seeing you, even if it was for just a minute! I miss you so bad! I can't wait until we live next to each other! Have fun in Lake Powell.
Love ya!
Are you ever coming back?
Post a Comment