Sunday, November 18, 2007

A FULL HOUSE

So a girl in our ward started a monthly FHE where families take turns hosting each month. The first one happened in October so I volunteered to host the November FHE. I love parties and having people over but I don't think we've ever fit this many people in our 1100 square foot home. It was a huge turnout with about 14 adults and 12 kids. I know, crazy! It really was a lot of fun though. Adam gave the adult lesson while I took the kids into the office and gave them a lesson. My lesson finished up a little earlier than Adam's so I let the kids run wild in Kenedee's room - 12 kids in one room, intense! But they were all loving it!

The best part of the night was when I started dishing up dessert. I was cutting/serving the cake while a few moms took the kids into the office so they could enjoy their cupcakes. After a few minutes a little girl comes walking up to me and says, 'SOME LITTLE GIRL IS GETTING CUPCAKE EVERYWHERE!' So she led me into Kenedee's room, where it remained silent and who do I see???? My own daughter was going to town on a stolen cupcake! She had somehow managed to sneek one of the other kids' cupcakes from the office and took off to enjoy her cupcake to herself. It was smeared all down the front of her and all over her floor! I looked at her and just busted up laughing, it was one of the funniest things I've seen her do. I was in too big of a hurry to get it cleaned up before the kids tracked it throughout the rest of the house so I didn't get a pic but it was sure a sight to behold. But I thought I'd post these pics to show how many kids were in Kenedee's room - party!

Entering Kenedee's room...

5 comments:

Amber said...

looks like fun. who painted that wall?? it looks really neat.

Jackie B. said...

WOW, that is alot of kids in one space! LOVE her wall! Did you do that?!

Kids in the Kong said...

Wish we could have been there. But what I can't get over is her wall, how on earth did you do that? I absolutely LOVE IT!

tashina birch said...

Its was good to hear back from you! Thanks for the comment. Are you guys going to Idaho for the Holidays? I've met your parents and they are super sweet, But i would love to finally get to meet you. Let me know either way!

Tiffany W said...

That is so funny! At least it's a wood floor, right?