Friday, July 25, 2008

VACATION UPDATE

Since my last post was of my nasty spider bite, I thought I'd better give an update on our vacation thus far. We flew from California to Idaho Falls on July 3rd where we spent the Fourth of July in Idaho. We then drove down to Lake Powell on the 5th and spent the week with the Olson fam on a houseboat. The weather was the best it's been in years and Kenedee LOVED it all. Lincoln was a little champ like always so no complaints there other than he had his first cold at Powell. I was quite nervous heading down to Powell with my spider bite in full-force since we'd be away from all civilization. It took about a week and a half for the bite to finally start shrinking in size and fading from its purple color. And about two and a half weeks for it to almost disappear. We headed back to Idaho Falls with the fam on Sunday, July 13th while Adam flew out for Houston. I drove the two kids down to Salt Lake on the following Thursday to pick up Adam at the airport. We spent the weekend in Park City for the 'Barlow Family Reunion'. It was so fun to see everyone and catch up. I then ventured back to Idaho Falls with the two kids while Adam then flew to Phoenix and Birmingham. We'll see him again this weekend and he takes off for Portland and Seattle. Do you blame me for kicking it in Idaho all summer! I'm loving my vacation and don't want it to end. We've now been gone four weeks (one week left) and oh how the time flies by. I finally downloaded all of my pics so be expecting MANY to come this way in the next few days!

A sneak peak into the amazingness headed your way... get excited!...

5 comments:

Elise said...

Oh I can't wait for the amazingness! I have missed you! You will have to fill me in on all your secrets for our trip to Lake Powell. I am wondering how the two boys will do. Oh and I am a little jealous about your month and a half vacation!!!!!!

Love ya!

Bryan and Marissa said...

I love the pic that is awesome! we can not wait for more to come!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Awesome! You guys crack me up! Makes me miss my sisters. Plus I totally miss the Lake Powell tan! Best EVER!

Seth & Courtney said...

I love this picture. You girls are so fun! I have to tell you that we've been watching High School Musical a lot at our house (it's Merrick's newest obsession) and you remind me so much of the cute blond in the movie, Ashley Tisdale.

AlliSMiles said...

you are too cute. i hope you feel better soon!