Tuesday, December 9, 2008

HOLIDAY UPDATE

Since my last post was three weeks ago, I thought I'd better update on our Holiday thus far. It's been busy and it's just about to get busier. We were in Idaho for three weeks and flew back home yesterday. The flight on the way home went MUCH better but how could it not since we were throw-up free.

Our Thanksgiving was amazing. My dad's whole side of the family got together at my Grandpa's house in Bountiful. We were minus three families but other than that, we were all together and loving every minute of it. I got the Flu bug on the Saturday after Thanksgiving so that pretty much sucked. But really, catching the Flu two days after Thanksgiving isn't all that bad, I took off pounds instead of gained them, bonus! Adam met us in Utah for Thanksgiving week but headed back home for finals.

The week before Thanksgiving and the week after were spent in Idaho. Another reason I stayed out so long was to help my little sister's cheer squad with their Nationals routine. I flew out to teach the routine the end of October and then helped them these last three weeks while home. Their first competition was this last weekend in Ogden, the USA Regionals Cheer competition, and they needed a bid in order to go to Nationals in March. They basically had those three weeks I was there to really work on their routine from when I had taught them, so they had a LONG ways to go. We dumbed it down somewhat and were all a little nervous heading down to Ogden this last weekend. It didn't help that a girl busted up her knee our last practice before the comp, but she iced it and went out there and performed, trooper. I was actually quite happy with their performance. The first section of the routine is a total killer, and this section they actually hit all of their stunts. The cheer looked good but two of the stunts came down which cost them some. Overall, it was the best performance they had done so we were really happy with that. And even better, they got their bid for Nationals. They were pretty disappointed though since they didn't place but now we have to get those stunts solid so they can kick everyone's butts! I also made up a routine for my sister's Christmas halftime so let's just say, Cheer kept me busy. But I LOVED IT!

Kenedee & Lincoln couldn't have been two happier kids. Kenedee LOVED the attention and LOVED having so many people to play with. Lincoln made a few milestones while being gone. He got FIVE new teeth in a matter of three weeks, this boy is outta control! And he is now army crawling!!! Can you believe it. Kenedee didn't start army crawling til she was 9 months old but this guy beat her at 7 months. He is everywhere now!

One last highlight, I read all FOUR Twilight series books, OH WOW! Since I finally had some time to read, I took full advantage, sorry mom. But wow, those books were amazing. I started the first and couldn't put them down. I had many late nights reading, okay probably every night. I read all four and saw the movie so could it have been any better!

We are home for a week, and fly out next Monday for another three weeks. This time we're headed to LA to be with Adam's family for Christmas. He's from a family of 10 kids and I think everyone is coming home but one, so it's gonna be a full house (party on!)

Thanksgiving break pictures coming soon!!!

5 comments:

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

So...what did you think of Twilight?

Kandis said...

I actually really liked the movie. Adam was making fun of the 'cheese' but I loved it all!

Amber said...

Family is the best and I'm so happy for you that you get to be with them so often. Twilight is amazing!! I even suckered Vaughn into reading ALL 4 books and seeing the movie with me, not too surprising though bc he's always been into the chick flicks, I'm sure you know!!

Criscell said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a busy, but fun time at home! Good job on all the cheer stuff. Sorry you got the flu bug. No fun. How great that you got to read all the Twilight books! They're so good, aren't they?

Meagan said...

I'm so glad you had a great time during Thanksgiving. I'm glad that you are now over being sick. yuck! Hope Christmas goes well for you and your family.