Sunday, February 8, 2009

Our A-Z Pajama Party...

Ariel was throwing a baby shower for our friend, Celeste, from the Ward and asked Kendall and I to help her with it all. A party...I'm there! Celeste is due in four weeks and we were excited to throw this party for her. When we started planning it out about a month ago Ariel showed me Celeste's baby bedding...which was the Dwell line at Target with the different size/font letters and numbers...totally modern and my style, which went right along with a theme I had found online...an ABC/alphabet themed baby shower. So we went with it and I went to town over the last month with my assignments - invites, block gift, letters for the wall, and the chocolate fondue. The party was this last Friday and it was a hit. Seriously, the coolest baby shower I've ever been too, but maybe I'm a little biased since I helped plan it but three key elements that would make any party a hit... pajamas, fondue, and fabulous massages!

Pajamas...

Fondue...

Much-needed Massages... (Heather and Ashley, both massage therapists, gave 15 minute massages to each of the guests. It was fabulous!)

Celeste Alexander...the guest of honor! (I created the letter/number wall for some decor to match the theme. I told Ariel I had finished the letters and she thought I had like 5 or so big letters to put up on the wall. So when I showed up with a whole wall creation, she was a bit surprised. Can you tell I was loving my assignments!)

The Invites... (since the theme was A-Z we assigned each guest a letter, which they were supposed to bring a gift corresponding with that letter. I had this idea where the front of the invite would look like a child's alphabet flash card and the letter on front would be their assigned letter. I was loving them all laid out together cause they really did look like flashcards, but really only I knew that. Yes I was also enjoying my invite assignment.)

(since this is a public blog I photoshopped out Ariel's address which is why it's blank in the middle)

The Alphabet blocks (and gift as well)... (we were talking about making these blocks as decor and also including gifts in them. I took on the task as my gift to Celeste. I found these 4 X 4 inch boxes at Michaels, printed up the letters - spelling Baby Alexander - and filled each box with a gift that started with the letter on the box, yes, I had to get quite creative with my gifts since they had to start with many letters of the alphabet and be able to fit in a 4 X 4 inch box. But it turned out super cute and I might just do this now for every baby gift I give out!)

'How BOY are you?' (My sister had played this game recently at a baby shower and loved it. Since Celeste was having a boy I jumped at the idea. Kellie helped me come up with a bunch of the categories and point ranges. Basically you get more points for dressing/doing 'boy' things that day. It was a lot of fun! Bonnie was not loving that fact that she was extremely 'boy' that day, but I had to keep reminding her it was just a game! She is our aerobics teacher and Ward cheerleader so yes, she is very girly!)

After three plate-fulls of fondue, many laughs, and arriving home at midnight I was beat! We can't wait to meet baby Alexander!

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like a fun shower! You are amazing! I love the invites and decor. Way to go Kandis!

Heather Inns said...

It was way fun. Thanks again for having me there.

Criscell said...

SOOOOO cute!!! WOW!! I'm very impressed. Everything looks awesome.

Unknown said...

Wow, that looks like the coolest baby shower. Wish I would have known her so I could've been invited. How fun you guys!

Amy said...

That is so awesome! What a fun idea I am the ward activities chairman and boy would I love to have you on my committee. Those were some seriously cute and fun ideas.

Kellie said...

Good pics, that turned out so cool.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

You are amazing! Wow! I so love the numbers on the wall. Are they vinyl? How did you do that? The invites are FAB! Sprinkle some talent this way would ya?

Kristen said...

You never cease to amaze me!! And to think we made you do our announcements on top of all of that. I feel awful for adding more to your list (but only a little, because I totally love our announcements).

Clark said...

Daaaaang Kandis! That may be the best baby shower this world has ever known. Much creative props to you.

Elise said...

LOVE it! You are amazing!

AlliSMiles said...

you are stinking cute. where do you get everything printed?? i wouldn't even know where to look!

Hannah Ashmore said...

seriously where do you and kellie come us with these crazy cool ideas? love it!

Tori said...

This is AMAZING, Kandis!

*Abby* said...

Oooh! I love the invites... where do you get them printed? I can't find a good printer that will make them not look like a photo.