Monday, December 6, 2010

Tenderhearts

We got back from our two week vacation home to Idaho on Friday (the 3rd), only to have Adam pick us up from the airport in full-swing of the flu (not fun!) and had our transmission go out on our Pilot on the way home from the airport...barely arriving into our driveway...Merry Christmas to us!

My weekend was spent unpacking, cleaning, loads of laundry, taking care of a sick husband and two busy kids, all the while catching back up on busy end-of-the year Primary stuff. I felt like I needed a weekend after my weekend. Well today my mom called to say that my grandpa Earl will be passing over the next few days. We knew it would probably be coming and it was a tearful parting as we said our goodbyes at his hospital bed over Thanksgiving. So although we knew it would be coming, my heart still aches. As I got off the phone with my mom the tears just kept flowing. My two sweet kids looked at me with the kindest eyes and off Kenedee ran upstairs. She quickly came down with a pink bunny and said 'this is for you mom, this will make you happy!' And surely it did, my tender-hearted little girl is the sweetest little thing you'll find! With either a trip to Salt Lake this weekend or next only the next few days will tell. I better get busy!!!!! (and our Thanksgiving pics might just take a little longer to get up).

8 comments:

Erin and Corey said...

Kandis, my mom told me about Gpa Earl tonight. I'm so sorry! I don't like this part of life. Good thing for little sweet girls to make it better. Well, if you come to SLC next weekend, I'll see you there. Good luck with everything in the next few days.

Jackie said...

I'm so sorry about your Grandpa Earl. We're praying for you and your family!

Elise said...

I'm so sorry Kandis! I hope you can feel my big hug right now. I love you and your family!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love how children can sense things and know the exact thing to do to make it all better. Sweetness. I am sorry for your loss, it's hard to have people leave us...

Bryan and Marissa said...

Kando! We love you guys so sorry to hear about everything! We hope everything goes ok! Love you!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Sweet Granpa Earl. He always had a smile on his face and a story to tell! Loved that about him!

CYD said...

Sorry about your Grandpa Earl. But I'm so happy he's with his wife again! It's crazy all the Lewis' friends are passing away-I remember thinking your grandpa Earl was so nice and smart as a little girl.

Criscell said...

I'm so sorry, Kandis. My Grandma passed away in Oct. and it's hard, I know. What a wonderful thing, the Gospel is! Hope all goes well with your trip to UT.

Your family pictures look darling as always and are you SURE you're pregnant?!? You're not showing AT ALL! So happy that it's a boy! Glad you're feeling so well.