Sunday, March 27, 2011

Our Weekend...

consisted of counting contractions. But no baby yet. We had a Ward party on Friday night that started at 6. Not long after arriving I started to have somewhat regular contractions (the most I've had in a few days). They ranged anywhere from 5-20 minutes....10 minutes apart, 10, 15, 8, 5, 10, 20, and so on. I started writing down every time and for three hours they kept coming but never got any closer. We left the party that night and warned my friends I would probably be calling them in the middle of the night cause I was pretty sure we were headed in that night. As soon as we got home I had one more contraction and then they stopped...what! Zero contractions Friday night. Woke up Saturday morning and they started back up. I had them ALL day on Saturday 20 minutes apart, never closer. Too bad I didn't take a pic of my contraction sheet cause I wrote down every time. Sadly, they never got closer so we had to keep ourselves busy. We took our kids to ride the Carousel at the mall and they think that thing is pretty much awesome...

Today (Sunday) my day started back out with some contractions, 20 minutes apart. Kenedee woke up in the middle of the night (Friday) with a crazy high fever. I gave her some medicine and she slept through the night but the whole time I was like 'seriously, we're about to have a baby, we can't be sick!' Saturday morning she woke up with no fever and seemed okay. She had some chills but those faded and she pretty much seemed herself. This morning (Sunday) she woke up and wasn't her perky self so I figured the virus or whatever caused the fever was still having some effect. So I stayed home with her while Adam went to Church w/Lincoln and then I was going to switch him after Sacrament mtg so I could be to Primary. Well ten minutes before he got back to switch me, Kenedee pukes all over the kitchen. Poor girl. I wipe it up with a towell, throw some bleach all over the floor, switch with Adam so I can get some papers to Primary, come back shortly after and scrub the floor. Good news is she should be on the tale end if it's a flu bug but now I'm just freaked out that one of us might get this right as baby boy enters this world. This was not in my plans!

On a funny note, I came home from Church today and walked in to find Lincoln changed from his church clothes into normal clothes. I took one look and started laughing so hard. Seriously, I'm still laughing as I think about it. Adam had put a pair of the baby's shorts on Lincoln thinking they were his. There are five drawers in Lincoln's new dresser. The top two are the baby's and the bottom three are Lincoln's. Apparently I need to go through these drawers with Adam. Lincoln was wearing a size 0-3 month shorts, but I must say they are a HUGE 0-3 coming from the Gap (Lincoln probably wore them forever as a baby since they were so big but it was still so funny to see my soon to be 3 year old wearing these shorts that will soon be on the baby). Good times!

1 comment:

mrs. barlow said...

looks like those shorts fit him yet!