Tuesday, October 7, 2008

THE BEACH!


We recently got back from spending the weekend at Panama City Beach. Our friend, Bryan, was turning the BIG 3-0 and Marissa surprised him with a beach trip. We had such a blast and enjoyed 'getting our tans on' one more time! We couldn't have asked for a prettier Saturday. It was high 80s without a cloud in the sky. I think what I most liked about this trip was that it reminded me of when we lived in Puerto Rico. We lived on the 16th floor in a beach-front condo and I woke up to the beach/ocean everyday! I would sit on our balcony and eat breakfast to the sound of the waves, and this weekend brought it all back.

We saw four jellyfish in the ocean. They were all roughly 12 inches in diameter so pretty big to be swimming around. But we were able to get pretty close and really check em out, which was sweet.


We headed down to the beach in the morning. The boys went golfing in the afternoon so they spent the morning swimming in the ocean and building sand castles with the kids.


Kenedee and Jaxson had a blast. They didn't so much swim in the water really, mostly played in the sand for hours and hours (literally, I think we stayed there about 6 hours or so). Steve had to work all weekend so I was able to convince Kellie to come along for the trip.


I can't say enough about Little Man. He is the most pleasant, happiest baby I know! Seriously. He is all smiles these days and goes with the flow of our busy life. Lincoln and Mckenzi enjoyed sun bathing on the beach. Which isn't a very funny joke since he got fried on one side of his face. I was trying to be such a good mom and keep him out of the sun (since I'm not supposed to put sunscreen on til he's 6 months old but now looking back, I for should would have!). So I brought our beach umbrella with us and he stayed under that the ENTIRE day and still got fried. I'm now thinking the sun came through the umbrella because it was pretty thin material. Poor boy!


We got attacked by the birds. The kids started to feed the birds so they all swarmed in. They thought it was awesome until they all found the cashew can by their sand toys and ate them all up within seconds (picture on the bottom right). Kenedee was so sad she started crying cause it all happened so fast, it was pretty funny to see them swarm the can and down them so quickly before we could even do anything.


Is this sunset amazing or what!


We headed over to 'Sharkys' for dinner. And I have yet to mention the craziest part about the whole trip. We just so happened to be in Panama City Beach at the close of BIKE WEEK, insane to say the least! There were hundreds of bikers everywhere and they drove their motorcycles up and down the strip. So when we arrived at dinner we were not surprised to see about 200 motorcycles in the parking lot. Wow, let's just say it was one LOUD weekend. Kenedee and Jaxson were pretend playing the video game for awhile so this super nice biker guy walked up and kept putting tons and tons of money in there for them before we even realized what was going on. I love that you can see all of his patches on the back of his vest, these bikers are serious! Adam had to get a picture in front of the sign to show the 'Bikini Bike Wash' because they had a bikini bike wash across the street from our condo/hotel and the bikers were LOVING it!



The boys were exhausted from golf and fell asleep before the cake celebration. But they woke up to cake & ice cream and it was delicious! Happy Birthday Bryan!


The next morning while we were making breakfast, Lincoln & Mckenzi kicked it together on the couch. Is this not the cutest picture!


We then headed back down after breakfast to let the kids play a bit more before the drive home. Kenedee was not wanting a picture with me at all!


Aunt Kellie helped Kenedee find some seashells for the ride home. Goodbye beach until the Spring. Oh we'll be back!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Cool jellyfish!

AlliSMiles said...

Cool! I'm totally jealous.

Your guy is getting so big. I think he's the perfect blend of you & Adam--so so cute!

Criscell said...

What a fun time! I LOVE the sunset picture of your family.

Sorry to add to such a debate on your previous post. Caleb didn't mean to offend anyone. Thanks for standing up for what you believe in and posting it!

Snapping Your Memories said...

What a fun trip! Man I could use some sun and sand right now! Looks Glorious!

Anonymous said...

I am totally jealous! It looks like you had a very busy and very fun weekend. The sunset was amazing but I loved all of the pictures of Little Man on his beach towel...isn't it odd that we can't use sunscreen till 6 months old...wonder why. Glad that you soaked that last little bit of summer out.