
We drove to Las Cruces, NM on Saturday, July 18th, meaning our entire drive on Saturday was still in Texas - 8 more hours of Texas. It's crazy how big that state is. So once we were in NM I was feeling a little bit closer to our destination. We left NM on Sunday morning and rolled into Phoenix on the 19th. We stayed with our friends, Steve & Hailey (THANK YOU!) that evening and unloaded the truck the next morning. When Adam showed up at Public Storage (Monday morning) they told Adam that the room reserved for him was no longer available, they just happened to give it away somehow and they didn't have any left in that size. Hello! So Adam's uncle offered to put our stuff in the basement of their office (where Adam will be working) so that all worked out, phew. Once that was done, we dropped our stuff off at another Aunt/Uncle's (where we're staying until we find a house) and headed out for Lake Powell. One crazy day! But we made it and the kiddos did amazing overall. Kenedee was a little champ in the car and I have to give Lincoln credit for doing pretty awesome. He did finally have about enough of the car an hour outside of Phoenix and screamed for twenty minutes, but other than that, he pretty much entertained himself for 30 hours. We couldn't have asked for a better trek (other than the tire). I'm so glad it's over!!!!
2 comments:
Glad you're there safe and sound. Cameron just saw the picture of Lincoln and said, "Yeah, that's my bud, he's gonna have a lot of girls kissing him." Pretty funny!
Your trip brings back so many memories. Right after we got married, we moved from NC to Phoenix. That was quite the drive. We drove through GA, not knowing that seven years later we'd be moving there! I hope your time in AZ is as amazing as your time in GA was. I wish we lived a bit closer though. I need you to come over and give me some advice on how to make a nursery suitable for a boy and a GIRL. I'm still in shock and don't know if I really believe the ultra sound or not. We'll see come December...
Post a Comment