Somewhat of a weird title for this because I have so much to say about it, but at the moment I am in complete shock (fingers shaking while I'm writing this). Am I shocked to find out about what happened, no, but I am shocked because I was so closely related to it. And feel so blessed that I was not the victim he snapped on...
Most of you might remember my crazy story with the neighbor across the street. For those of you who don't, let me remind you. Before Lincoln was almost born (April of 2008) this guy moved in with his mom, across the street from our home in Georgia. Shortly thereafter he was caught, peeping-tom style. He was looking into our home from across the street with binoculars in hand, while doing extreme horrible things facing my house, naked. I went into panic mode, felt extremely violated, shocked, couldn't get a hold of Adam since he was in class at the time. I called my sister, Kellie, told her what was happening and that this guy was still out across the street doing these horrible things facing my house (this had been going on for about 15 minutes). She told me to take a picture and she was sending Steve (brother-in-law) right over. When Steve showed up he told me to call the cops. Cops, what. That also freaked me out since I've never had anything to do with cops. But I called the cops, they arrived within minutes, I showed them the picture, and DANIEL BUCKNER was arrested that day. He was sent to jail for many months.
Fast forward to this last January (09). He had just gotten out of prison and came back to live with him mom. THIS FREAKED ME OUT. My Georgia friends can attest to this. We called the cops that day and they said that because he had served his time in jail, he no longer had a restraining order and such. It not only freaked me out that he was back across the street, but also freaked me out because that very day he moved in, he started taunting me. I saw him leave the house and he noticed me turn my head to look out the window. He then walked to the middle of the street, facing my house, and stood there looking at me. After a few minutes with this nasty scary smile on his face, I called Adam. I couldn't live like this. So that night Adam went over to this house. He told him that if he does anymore funny business with our house, that we are pressing charges and sending him back to jail. (Adam wants me to mention that he punked him in his face). Lucky for me, he cooperated and stayed inside the house with the blinds shut. Did I mention I've never been so paranoid in my life! But after a few weeks, I started to settle down and life seemed back to normal. Until...
Fast forward to March of this year when I was interviewed and on the 6:00 news and the next day, 6 US Marshalls showed up at my doorstep. This is when I found out that DANIEL BUCKNER had just mollested a child and exposed himself to a lady at a carwash that week. WHAT!!! I was tripping then that more was happening. But his family started hiding him and the US Marshall told me that his family believed that him going to jail was not the help he needed right now. HELLO psychos! So the US Marshall gave me his personal number and put me in spy mode to try and catch him. After writing down many license plates and keeping watch across the street, time went on and it all quieted down. At this point is when I found out about his past and realized that this guy was a serious psychopath. And needed serious help. Someone who does those things doesn't just magically become a moral human being again, they need serious help. Did I think he would eventually SNAP, heck yes. So when we were moving out to Phoenix, I was a bit relieved, actually A LOT relieved to move away from that house across the street.
Fast forward to tonight, watching the news with Adam. He turns to me and says "I wonder if that guy was ever caught??? Do you remember his name?" Hello, yes. DANIEL BUCKNER. So he gets on the computer, googles his name, and what pops up DOUBLE MURDER. Not joking. Four months ago he murdered two people that he was living with. It angers me to think that his family has been hiding him this entire time and now two people are dead because of it. WOW. To read more, check out the article we found online...
Murder Suspect had moved in with shooting victims
If only his family had turned him in when he was wanted by the US Marshall, would this all of happened, no. Would it have happened in the future, maybe. But hopefully he would have served his time and received from mental help and this could have been avoided. Oh how happy I am at this moment that my incident with him was so minor compared to what put him in jail for life. WOW!!!!!!!
17 comments:
Woah. You are seriously lucky (and blessed). Glad you were far away and safe...
Ugh... that just makes me feel gross. I'm so glad you moved away!
Eww. I too am so thankful that you are ok. Ick!!! What an ordeal.
That's crazy! Thank goodness you didn't have more happen. I'm glad that you guys came out okay in this.
SCARY!!!
That is crazy!!! So sad what happened and that it all could have been avoided.
Ran into your mom in BabyGap yesterday, have fun with them. Hope you guys are doing good.
Wow, Kandis, I can't believe how this story has (hopefully) ended. It makes me teary to think about what he was capable of. So glad you are your family are safe.
Dude I am freaking out right now I can not believe that crazy guy was right there!!!
You got to be joking me. That creeps me out just reading it. I am glad you are safe.
Holy crap! Murder?? Good thing he didn't snap earlier. This is just crazy. Well now you know he won't be enjoying himself anymore. Gross!
Wow! Now, I am speechless. I am so glad you were not living near him when he snapped and cannot believe that you had to be neighbors with him. I would have totally freaked.
Ummmm...I just threw up!
Be careful Kandis. Since you have his name in your post so many times, your site is probably going to pop up in a google search at some point. There are crazy people out there and you DO NOT want to be able to be found by them.
Not to try and freak you out, but it's just a thought.
Kandis! I'm so glad you're far far away. It really is scary to think that people that do that kind of sick thing really can live next door.
holy cow!!!! speechless is right!
WHAT!! that is so crazy I am glad you are no longer living by him!! What a creepy guy.
Are you kidding me?! That is ridiculous!
Post a Comment