Kenedee turned ONE on Wednesday, the 15th. Poor girl is too sick to be around anyone though! We have this sweet 'flower party' planned for her and keep having to postpone it since she's not getting any better. Thus being said, it was a quiet birthday for her (not that she even knows). You can see the presents all wrapped in the background but did I let her open any of them yet, nope. We're making her wait til her party. She'll never know. I took her in for her one-year checkup today and I was dreading it. Since she got the flu about three weeks ago, she seriously lost all her weight and baby fat. She weighed 16 lbs at her 9 month check-up and a whopping 16.2 lbs today. Impressive. The doctor wasn't too happy so she's now supposed to drink whole milk ALL DAY LONG to fatten her back up. Yes, nursing will now come to an end since she's a year old, somewhat sad since it truly is a bonding time. And yes, she once again had her fever of 103 today. That's no surprise anymore. She's had a fever of 103 or more for the last FOUR days now. The doctor is thinking Kenedee has the ROSEOLA VIRUS which only occurs in babies mostly from around 6 - 15 months where they have this crazy temperature averaging 103 for five days which then ends in a crazy rash all over the body. Exciting times for us to look forward to. Luckily though they say the rash doesn't itch or blister. So if it is, we're coming on day five tomorrow which is the day we're supposed to have her party. Why did this little girl have to be sick the week of her birthday. We might have to postpone it til next week but I'll for sure be posting some pics.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
OUR SUPER SICK BIRTHDAY GIRL!
Kenedee turned ONE on Wednesday, the 15th. Poor girl is too sick to be around anyone though! We have this sweet 'flower party' planned for her and keep having to postpone it since she's not getting any better. Thus being said, it was a quiet birthday for her (not that she even knows). You can see the presents all wrapped in the background but did I let her open any of them yet, nope. We're making her wait til her party. She'll never know. I took her in for her one-year checkup today and I was dreading it. Since she got the flu about three weeks ago, she seriously lost all her weight and baby fat. She weighed 16 lbs at her 9 month check-up and a whopping 16.2 lbs today. Impressive. The doctor wasn't too happy so she's now supposed to drink whole milk ALL DAY LONG to fatten her back up. Yes, nursing will now come to an end since she's a year old, somewhat sad since it truly is a bonding time. And yes, she once again had her fever of 103 today. That's no surprise anymore. She's had a fever of 103 or more for the last FOUR days now. The doctor is thinking Kenedee has the ROSEOLA VIRUS which only occurs in babies mostly from around 6 - 15 months where they have this crazy temperature averaging 103 for five days which then ends in a crazy rash all over the body. Exciting times for us to look forward to. Luckily though they say the rash doesn't itch or blister. So if it is, we're coming on day five tomorrow which is the day we're supposed to have her party. Why did this little girl have to be sick the week of her birthday. We might have to postpone it til next week but I'll for sure be posting some pics.
Labels:
`5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
poor girl...happy birthday Kenedee!
She is adorable. Happy Birthday Kenedee! Can't wait to see pics of her party!
That is SO sad. We hope that she gets better SOON and has a fun party!!
Happy 1st Birthday! Sorry you are sick on your special day! Have fun with all your new toys!
Jess & Kennedy
Awe Kenedee, I'm so sorry she is not feeling good. Carter had that same Roseola Virus around 12 months too! Crazy huh! Good news is, he never got the rash the doctor told us he would get. Hopefully Kenedee won't get it either. She is sooo cute, Kandis. I think she looks just like you. Have fun throwing her, her first birthday. I had a blast doing Carter's. Can't wait to see pics!
It breaks my heart that she is sick on her birthday. She is so cute!
Happy Birthday Kenedee! I'm so sorry she is sick! I'm sure you are going to throw an awesome party! I wish I could be there for it. Hopefully we can plan Idaho trips the same time again so we can see eachother soon. I will have a new little one by then. Miss you guys!
I can't believe the luck to be sick on her birthday. I hope you guys have a great time!
Post a Comment