CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT OUR SLIDESHOW!
Every year we head up north Georgia with the Clark Family (my sister's in-laws who have adopted us in). We first stop by the apple orchard/store for some tasty apples, carmel, and boiled peanuts (Adam's favorite). We then hit up Amacalola Falls (which we didn't make it to this year since it was crowded) so we then headed to Burt's Pumpkin Farm, always a favorite. They have the biggest pumpkins and some of the craziest colored ones. The green ones are my favorite! They organize the pumpkins in groups and lay them out in square patches, it always looks so cool. We found some winners for our carving contest. The next day (Sunday the 21st) we headed to the Kelley's for our Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest. Everyone was serious this year and brought their A-game. Adam was quite proud of his winner last year and wasn't going to go down. I wasn't too sure of his idea I must admit so I went solo and carved my own, which I enjoyed (carving Kenedee's face). But I will say that Adam's turned out pretty sweet. It was quite creative and gave us all a good laugh. Our first judge awarded his champ and he was quite proud. Seriously too funny, I don't know how he comes up with these. I found this Halloween cake in a magazine and had to try it out. It's a Chocolate Pumpkin Cake and is sweet looking. I made it that night and it was a hit. I highly recommend it. If you want the recipe, email me and I'll send it your way, everyone should make this at Halloween.
Kenedee loved exploring the pumpkins at Burt's Pumpkin Farm
Adam's Masterpiece - Yes, it's what you think it is, a pumpkin taking a dump, toilet seat, bowl, facial expression and all.
My Pumpkin Entry - Kenedee's Face. The picture doesn't really do it justice, it looked pretty sweet all lit up.
My new favorite cake! You all should make it! Let me know if you're up for it and I'll email you the recipe.
8 comments:
Cool Pumpkins! Kevin and I had a laugh when we saw Adams.
Kandis-
I don't have your email address. Any chance you could post the pumpkin cake recipe on your blog? Life looks fun for you guys. Enjoy:-)
Sarah
Please email me the cake...it looks fabulous! so do you. I was telling Kell that you guys are Always doing something fun, I am kinda jealous!!! wish I had a sister. anyway...I really do want the cake. I can gain as much as i feel like these days :)
I am so posting that cake recipe, it was SOOOOOOO good. I think we should have it every month during the fall. mmmmmm
Adams pumpkin is AWESOME! I laughed so hard. You guys always seem to have so much fun--we can't wait to see you again.
i want the recipe! looks awesome!
Sooo cute!! I just love it all. Love your pumpkin it looks awesome. Can't believe how you can do that. Your so talented. You guys always have so much fun. Gotta try that cake looks delicious. Gonna try it for a fall party this weekend.
The pumpkin patch looks like a lot of fun!! Court loved Adams pumpkin, very funny. Where did he even come up with that idea? :)
Post a Comment