Monday, March 24, 2008

CALIFORNIA!!!

I blogged about my amazing flight out to California but thought I'd post some pics & all now that we've been home almost two weeks. My sister had her National Cheer Competition in Anaheim so Kenedee, myself, and Kellie flew out to California to join in on the fun. Since Adam's family lives in LA, Kenedee and I flew out a few days early to spend some time with them as well. It was such a relaxing and needed vacation for myself - I loved every second of it. Kenedee instantly warmed up to Adam's family which was awesome. She loved their dog, Tucker, and followed him everywhere. She discovered the tramp and was a fan right off. Ever since then she likes to jump anywhere and everywhere. Heidi and Greg flew in for a cruise so we were able to see them as well. Kenedee loved having a little person around, her cousin Jackson, and loved jumping with him on the tramp! Thanks Dennis and Annell for a great time!


We then met up with my fam/cheer squad on Friday and stopped at Venice Beach on the way to our hotel. The weather was gorgeous the entire time we were there, we scored big time with that one. The beach as always was amazing. We stopped by the hotel, cleaned up, and then headed off to a Pirate's Dinner (like Medieval Times for anyone that has been). The food was nothing great but the show/atmosphere was awesome. After that got over, one of my best friends from college met us at our hotel. I cheered with Elise at BYU and we were so sad to move away from eachother. We got pregnant with our first babies around the same time and somehow my second managed to be only four months behind her second, too funny. She just had baby Landon so I was super excited to meet their latest edition. She was looking super fab as well, I hope I look that good after two months of birth! Thanks Matt & Elise for stopping by!!!


We hit up the pool the morning of the competition, I was looking hot 7 1/2 months prego - not! We then headed over to the competition and loved every minute of it. It definitely brought back some good memories. Kateo did awesome! Their squad looked really good but unfortunately didn't make it to finals. They felt good about their performance so luckily they weren't totally bummed the entire night. Kenedee loved supporting her Aunt Kate!


We then hit up Disneyland the next day and had a blast. This is Kenedee's fourth time to Disneyland and each time gets better & better since she is getting older and more aware of it all. She is such a tropper wherever we go and did awesome the entire day. She loved the kid rides and just being outside all day. The following day we went to Knotts Berry Farm. I unfortunately had to sit out on most every ride but enjoyed the day nonetheless. They had a small kid area which was Kenedee's highlight for sure. She loved the cars, balloon ride, and the trucks (her favorite things). Aunt Kate rode with her on most of it and she was loving it! The funniest part of the day was when this group of little Korean girls came walking by and ran up to Kenedee. They got down right in her face and started rubbing her cheeks and talking to her in their language. They then asked if they could get a picture with her, Kellie & me were busting up the whole time cause they were loving Kenedee. They had their pictures taken with her so Kellie snapped one as well. As they walked away they made their hands into a heart shape and said 'love you' to Kenedee, super cute. She was a little star to them, seriously too funny. Thanks Mom & Dad for a sweet time!!!

1 comment:

giff.jenna.maddox.jordi nielsen said...

What a FUN trip! I can't believe you did all of that, and pregnant! You're amazing! I just got back from visiting with my family! Isn't it the best! Kenedee is so cute! I want to get her and Maddox together so badly! They would be a hilarious duo I'm sure! I love that Kenedee sucks her thumb, ADORABLE! Glad you got a to vacation with your family!