This weekend was the opening weekend for the Renaissance Festival here in Atlanta! Steve, Kellie and Adam had checked it out three years ago when we had first moved here, I was still in Utah so I missed out on this amazing experience. And ever since then they haven't stopped talking about it and all it's craziness. So after three years, they decided to journey back and bring me along (along with the Howell's) so I could enjoy it as well. All day long I just kept asking, 'Seriously, are these people for reals!' And YES they are! These people wait all year long to pull out their Renaissance garb so they can talk and mingle with their people. It's seriously a sight to behold. Kenedee scored a pretty sweet souvenir though, I couldn't resist these super cute fairy wings (which they'll be referred to as butterfly wings in this household). She wasn't too sure of them when we were at the Festival but she enjoyed wearing them around the house when we got home.

When we first walked in there was a 'Mother Goose' area where kids could go sit and hold a goose on their lap. It was a pretty cute idea but Kenedee wasn't so much loving her goose. We then journeyed over to watch a show where Adam and Kenedee went to town on their turkey leg, no thanks! But we did witness the craziest stuff! This guy swallowed an entire balloon! Seriously crazy. Go back up and check out the pic cause those are for real. He started out with the longest balloon as you can see and he just kept stuffing it further and further down his throat. I thought he was going to stop about midway and pull it back out or something but then he kept going and totally swallowed it. He burped a few times and then went on with his show. At that point we all just looked at eachother in total shock. Crazy! Then we watched a pretty cool show where these three people balanced on eachother in crazy positions and juggled with knives, pretty cool as well.

We then checked out another show with the wackiest guy ever, interesting man to say the least. He juggled with a chainsaw, bowling ball, and apple. He then asked for some volunteers for his next gig. Bryan was yelling 'Barlow!' and pointing at Adam so the guy actually called both Adam and Bryan to come up, pretty funny. There were four guys total that came up and they had to sit next to/lay on eachother in this puzzle position and hold their balance. Then the main guy and another audience volunteer juggled knives back and forth over the top of them, pretty sweet. After that was over the guy asked Adam to stay up there to be his lucky volunteer to light his tight rope on fire. The rope was seriously about to break which made it for an interesting thirty seconds while the guy walked on the burning tightrope.
I think I could have sat in one spot all day and people-watched cause it was some crazy stuff to take in, I just kept laughing all day long at what people were wearing, how they were talking, and how for reals they all were. Some definite good times at the Renaissance Festival!
4 comments:
Kandis, I've been laughing out loud throughout your entire post, especially seeing the picture of Adam about to lay down in that weird puzzle position... you can tell he is a little unsure of the whole thing. Also, good luck with the baby delivery in a few weeks! We'll be anxious to hear how it goes!
How fun!! Looks like you guys had a blast. I love Kenedee's wings! They are so cute and will be perfect for a costume someday!
When are you due? How much longer do you have? Are you so excited? Did you buy a little toddler bed for Kenedee?
Kind of Reminds me of those guys that dress up and sword fight at Tautphaus Park. Your looking great! I love the way you fix Kenedees hair.
CONGRATS KANDIS! I can't wait to see that cute little boy of yours!Let me know if you need ANY help!! even if you need me to just come sit there while you sleep!! CONGRATS again!
Post a Comment