
Bite - Day Two

We had a little scare these last two days. I was watching the Bachelorette on Monday evening and got up to go to bed. My leg was itching and somewhat painful. I pulled up my pajama pants to see what it was and noticed a red area but thought it was probably nothing too big, NOT SO! I woke up the next morning and felt some pain walking into the bathroom. I again pulled up my pants and saw this crazy looking bite on my leg. The middle area was a bright red and then had a ring around that. It freaked me out a bit so we started looking online for a 'target' looking spider bite. And guess which one came up... the black widow. It said severe symptons can include nausea, vomitting, muscle cramping, achiness in the back, etc. But it also could have been a Deer Tick bite (saying the bite occurs anywhere from 3-32 days and then the bite appears), which this also makes sense since I didn't feel a bite and I was wearing pajama pants. But who really knows what it was.) We headed over to the Urgent Care but since it was quadruple the price with our new insurance I made an appointment with a local doctor for today (Wednesday). I thought that would be no problem since I didn't feel any different yesterday other than a crazy bite on my leg. But as the day wore on (walking around Fashion Island, etc) I could no longer walk by the time we got home that evening. Not kidding, Adam had to help in to the house and I was getting quite worried at this point. The bite was now bright purple and we considered going in that night but didn't. We woke up today and the bite had now filled in the entire area and had grown in size. Again, my entire leg was in extreme pain and I couldn't walk anywhere. But I now had crazy back pain and achiness, which completely freaked me out. We headed straight over to the doctor even though my appointment was two hours later. I was bawling as we were walking in cause I was soo scared at this point so they took me right in. The doctor was quite impressed with the bite and but couldn't tell me what exactly she thought bit me. She prescribed me antibiotics and steroids which she then told me I couldn't nurse Lincoln for the next week... another flow of tears came out. I think I was more upset about not being able to nurse than I was about my leg. After many tears I finally controlled myself and we headed over to Target to fill my prescriptions, by a pump, bottles, and formula. Since I was still unable to walk I rode in the motorized scooter and Adam couldn't stop laughing. He thought he was quite funny taking these pics of me.

The pain in my leg has gone down tremendously since the medicine has taken effect so I'm feeling much better. We fly to Idaho Falls tomorrow so I'm just hoping this all settles down before we head out for Powell on Saturday. Poor Lincoln, he's adjusting to the bottle but it just kills me to watch him get bottle-fed and not be able to hold him (my pediatrician told me when I give him bottles to have Adam do it since Lincoln would be able to smell my milk and wouldn't want the bottle). I can start feeding him again next week during Powell so I'm just hoping he'll now go back to breast feeding since we had to switch immediately. What a crazy day!
19 comments:
Wait-what bit you?! I'm dying for you, that looks terrifying. I hope it heals fast and that little guy AND you adjust to the bottle.
Hope you feel better soon!
that is so nuts I can not believe that bite! It made me cry for you thinking if I couldn't nurse McKenzi even if it was only a week! Oh, but then I cracked up laughing seeing you in the motorized cart! sorry- I know not funny! :)
Oh my gosh! That looks horrible! You poor thing--I'm so sorry! I HATE spiders!!! And I would hate not being able to nurse too!
At least you got some In 'N Out from the whole ordeal!
Ummmmmmmm, ow.
Wow, that stinks I just broke my toe and not being able to walk when you have little kids is the worst. I am glad you rode the little scooter I almost did but now that I see the pictures I missed out. You guys are having such a fun summer were we do we sign up.
Oh my goodness! I was just looking at the pics and Phil walked in and said "what in the heck is that?!?!?" And that's what I'd still like to know! Maybe you need an exterminator to prevent that again. Hope it gets better so you can ski!
Holy CRAP!!! That is not even funny! I hope you are o.k. in a couple of days-that is so scary.
Ahhh! That is so crazy! I'm so sorry about not nursing... that really stinks. Hopefully things will get back to normal next week!
Oh Kandis that really looks like it hurts. I hope it wasn't a black widow. While working for Orkin last summer with Kc I really thought those were the grossest pests. I am so jealous of your summer vacation though. This is the first year I have worked all summer long and it is rough! I wish I was visiting my parents during your vacation. They live 5 minuted from Fashion Island.
OH MY GOODNESS! I feel for ya. that looks awful!
I am freaking out right now looking at this! Please tell me your okay!!! Cyd had a horrible bite like that at Grandma Shirley's once and she was SUPER sick!
We found a black widow in our garage and I am now FREAKING out about it! I won't let anyone put on rollerblades or helmets without me checking first! I hope you are doing better and are able to ski and feed that cute baby again soon.
Take care!
That is so sad, I am so sorry!! I hope you can nurse your sweet little baby again soon!!
wow! that bite looks NASTY! i hope it has gone down now and that you are feeling better!
That is the craziest thing!! I hope that it's getting better.
Oh my gosh, Kandis! that looks so painful.What are the odds? Don't worry about bottle feeding, little Lincoln definitely prefers you over that bottle.
Sooooooooooooooooo scary! You are brave! That is unbelievable! Did you find out what it was? Are you better yet?
We would love to do dinner on Thursday--Call me!
oh my gosh. Seriously!?!? I would have been bawling, too! Glad you're feeling better...holy crap.
Post a Comment