We're now in LA for our Christmas holiday and let's just say we had another crazy travel day. Do you remember my awesome Thanksgiving flight with Kenedee throwing up everywhere. Well...
We flew out of Atlanta at 5:30 pm, direct five hour flight to LAX. We sat on the runway for a half hour, lost a half hour in flight so we arrived an hour late. Kind of crappy since we got in at 11:30 (Atlanta time). We got our bags but Kenedee's carseat was nowhere to be found. After watching the luggage belt go around for about a half hour after most everyone else had left, still no carseat. Adam went and asked the desk where her carseat was and they said that they had found five more pieces of luggage and those were coming now. So after about an hour of sitting around for luggage, we finally left with five suitcases, two carseats, one stroller, and two kids (yes traveling with kids and luggage is work but again worth it). We take the shuttle to the car rental place, get the car, and are on our way to Burbank where Adam's parents live. It's now like 10:30 (which is 1:30 AM atlanta time). We're about five minutes into our drive when WHAT!!!!! Kenedee starts THROWING UP everywhere! I couldn't believe my eyes, did this not just happen four weeks ago while traveling. uuggghhh. As it's coming out, she's flailing her arms in front of her mouth trying to get it out of her mouth, which yes causes the throw up to go everywhere, NASTY. We pull over at a gas station and I wipe her down with wipes. She was miserable, freezing in only her diaper, but what do you do. We finally arrived to Adam's parents house around 11 and were extremely happy to be to our destination. Poor girl. She was complaining that her stomach hurt before our flight even took off, what are the chances of Kenedee catching a bug on both days of traveling!
I'm still unsure of what she had or has. She had a temperature all day yesterday, no appetite, but woke up today no temperature and eating everything. I'm now waiting for that bug to take out Adam or I so hopefully that won't be the case.
Up next, Disneyland tomorrow, BRING IT ON!
12 comments:
oh my gosh, crazy!!!! that girl. have fun at disney - kenedee is going to love it.
Oh wow. That sucks. LAst year Kingston had a bug like that and I caught it a week before our cruise in the caribbean. Hopefully you guys will be fine. I agree that traveling with children is worth it. We are headed to cancun this weekend with Kingston.
SO sad! Poor little Kenedee. Flying just doesn't mix well with her.
Good grief. Maybe she gets air sick?
That is the worst. I am sorry you had to go through that twice. Next time pack like 5 extra outfits handy for you to change her in. Or maybe just have her wear a garbage bag so she doesnt soak through her clothes. I dont know Candice..that is crazy. i hope I never have to go through that. Have fun in Disneyland. Post some pics.
Holy cow is all I have to say. I would not want to do anymore traveling for a very long time. You are a trooper. Have fun at Disneyland and Congratulate Kurt for me. That is awesome.
What??? That is just crazy!
I call that some serious bad luck!!! Hope the return flight is a little less messy and stinky!
That's awful! Wow, the energy it takes to travel with kids, let alone sick kids! I hope she gets better fast. And thanks for the Christmas card, your little family is SO cute!
That's terrible. Brooklynn went through a stage kind of like that. She would get so carsick everytime we drove somewhere over an hour. It was terrible and lasted probably about 6-9 months, it just so happened to be one of those times where we took a lot of road trips. Go figure.
So sorry it happened again. I hope it's passed.
How sad. I hope you guys where able to enjoy Disneyland, and your holidays. We are here in Atlanta so hopefully we can catch up soon.
Hopefully you will read this since you have 11 comments already. I have changed my blog address it is now www.thecutestboysever.blogspot.com
Post a Comment