Thursday, February 26, 2009

WEIGHT CHECK #15...

Not really but that's what it feels like at this point. Lincoln had his final (hopefully) weight check today at 10 1/2 months. He's had a weight check every month since six months old, uggghh. (he's been in at 1 month, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 7 months, 8 months, 9 months, and 10 1/2 months) And finally the last two check-ups the pediatrician admitted that he must just be SMALL. THANK YOU!!! I'm not gonna lie, I was quite upset to say the least the first few times of taking him in for weight checks and her making me feel like I'm not feeding my child. He was fed every three hours, slept 12 hours straight at night since 6 months old, and soaked his diapers in between feedings...he was getting enough. I never grew as a child, Adam was a little guy, and Kenedee was TINY. HELLO! But what do you do when you know you're feeding your child in every way possible and he's still slowly trucking along, you suck it up and wait for the doctor to finally realize it. It's taken 10 1/2 months. Lincoln is WAY under the weight curve but he is creating his own curve which makes the doctor happy. He is now 27 1/2 inches long and 16 lb 7 oz which I'm celebrating since Kenedee was 16 lb 2 oz at 12 months old. I love my LITTLE MAN!!! (plus he's almost walking...10 steps yesterday YEA!!!)

4 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

Don't you just love Drs?! I know that we need them for those that are dumb enough to starve their kids, but seriously, someone willing to come into 15 weight checks, probably is in tune enough with their baby to know what's right! Sorry for such a LONG ordeal. And yes, he is darling as is Kenedee!!

Criscell said...

I hear you! Crew already weighs half of what Caysja weighs at 2 1/2 months!! I PROMISE I feed my kids! They are just small. Your kids are fine just the way they are--SUPER CUTE!

Elise said...

I went through the exact same thing with Landon. He was almost 18lbs. at his 12 month and they were saying I should put protein powder in his pancakes and he should stay on formula! Are you kidding me!? Anyway, both my kids are small. Hello I am 5'2 (almost) what do you expect!? Miss you!

Seth & Courtney said...

The things we do for our kids! You're such a great Mom and it's nice to hear that the doctor finally realizes that now too. Thank goodness for mother's intuition to supplement and often trump the doctor's advice. I can't believe how grown up Lincoln and Kennedy are! Such cuties!!