Tuesday, March 17, 2009

ONE CRAZY DAY!!!

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my man!!! I've always thought Adam has the best birthday with it being on St. Patrick's Day. So yes, there will be a little partying going on tonight. But in other news...

Most of you probably don't know the details of my 'peeping tom' case. I know I mentioned it on my blog (a year ago in April) but definitely didn't mention details since it was too fresh and mentally disturbing for me. But yes, this man across the street did some stuff facing my house and I'm pretty sure had been spying on me for a few weeks leading up to the incident. I called the cops after it happened and he was sent to jail for six months. He got out in January, which is when I saw him back at the house with his mom. It really disturbed me seeing him back there and I was getting serious anxiety with him being there. The first day I had seen him back he did a few little taunting acts which threw me off the edge and about made me call the cops again. Adam went over and talked to the guy and we haven't had any problems since. But doesn't mean I don't get extremely paranoid, alot! It helped though when he got a car because I pretty much knew when he was and wasn't there. And he's been pretty good about staying in the house but a few occasions I have seen him spying over at my house through the blinds...

So today I hear a car running across the street so I look out the window to find...a Channel 2 News van sitting across the street with a camera-man set up filming the front door of the house across the street. I see a man walk up to the door with a paper in his hands, no one answers so he walks back towards the van. I'm extremely curious what is going on so I step outside and ask if I can help this guy. He comes over and shows me a picture of Daniel Buckner (aka my peeping tom) and asks me if I've seen him recently. He then tells me that is hiding out somewhere and has a warrant out for his arrest and the cops all over town are trying to find him! What!!! Say that again! Uggghhhh. The head camera guy tells me that he has had two more offenses since being out of jail since January. Once that happened in February where he pulled up next a car with a 15 year old girl in it, jumped in and started molesting her while doing stuff with himself. ugghhh. My heart is like pounding at this point. And then says that in the beginning of March he exposed himself to another lady in a parking lot and was making perverted remarks towards her. This guy is so messed up. So he is now running from the cops. Man, now I'm way more disturbed since he's been living there the last three months and from how he acted that first week out of jail, I knew he hadn't learned his lesson. This guy has some serious mental problems going on and I hope they catch him so he doesn't do anymore harm to anyone else. The camera guy asked if he could interview me since I was involved with this guy's disturbing police-record past. I was super flustered, nervous, and am certain I sounded like an idiot but yes... I will be on our 5:00 news. Ugghhhh is all I can say! I've got my eye out for this man now.

10 comments:

Mary Mitchell said...

Can you DVR it, so we can all watch it at Adam's party?! Ha. No really ... Marissa and I were both saying today that we could never live across the street from that guy after what happened. Looks like they should have kept him in jail for much much longer. We're glad he decided to leave you alone though. WHAT A CREEPER! Lock your doors.

Barlow Fam said...

Sheesh, what a nightmare! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. Please keep us posted. Wish we could see you tonight!

Stephanie said...

Oh man! Kandis that is just crazy! Hopefully this is the one and only experience like this you'll ever have to deal with.

molly said...

I am so glad that you are moving soon and getting away from that guy! Make sure to always have your doors locked. That freaks me out. Hopefully the police find him. Happy Birthday Adam. Kandis you would marry someone that is born on a day where people only wear green.

Jocelyn Allan said...

Happy Birthday Adam! Hope it's a good one!

Warde and Jocelyn

Criscell said...

Oh my gosh!! I'm SO sorry he's out of jail already!! I would be SICK! Hope they catch him soon...

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Holy COW! I just shivered from head to toe! What a creepy situation! I hope they catch him so you can have a little peace! Keep safe cuz!

Jackie said...

Are you kidding me?!

You are a champ. And I'm sure your interview was fab (especially considering the circumstances).

Meagan said...

Wow. That is crazy. It sounds like some lifetime movie. Hopefully he gets caught soon.

Katie said...

yuck...i am sorry. i bet you cant wait to move away from that guy!