Renovation update...I couldn't be happier with how it is turning out, it's a brand-spanking new house on the inside and I LOVE IT! I've been stressing about colors for about the last month, which tan do I paint, what colors to put in the kids room since I don't have their bedding yet. But it was time to paint and I gave our Renovator Man the colors...after everything was finished the tan was lighter than I was hoping, Kenedee's room didn't turn out like I wanted (I painted three walls gray and one pink to match her new bedding). Her gray walls were looking very purple because of the pink wall...which not to offend anyone, I'm not the biggest purple fan, actually I kind of hate purple. So when it was looking purple to me, I was kind of cringing everytime I saw it. But I was just hoping that with her furniture in there, blinds on the window, that it would tone down the purple and look more gray. Well, we set up her bedroom this week, new bedding and all and it looks AMAZING...and GRAY. I've been so excited about how it turned out cause I was nervous I would have to repaint it, but nope, IT'S PERFECT. As for the tan, I'm really starting to like it. It's not as much contrast as I was hoping but we painted a few walls dark brown (from our previous house) so the tan is looking quite pretty. Really, I am so excited to get in there, can you tell! Well, after all this, I thought I'd give you a preview of one of the rooms...the Kitchen. This baby needed a major overhaul. You'll notice in the pic towards the ground, white powder...let's just say this kitchen was covered in boric acid (not good). The cabinets were just so-so, appliances had to go, new sink needed, horrible lighting in there and now the transformation is looking awesome. New paint, new sink, new appliances, cabinets painted, crown molding added on the cabinets, crown molding added on the ceiling, light taken out, recessed lighting put in and here you have the Before and After... ENJOY!!!

11 comments:
Yeah, a dishwasher!!! ;-) It looks beautiful.
We're moving on up...a dishwasher and a disposal. Yep, double bonus. What am I going to do with myself, for one not spend so many hours washing a million dishes.
And guess I spoke too soon. The wood floors weren't dry enough to put the sealant on yesterday so it's going on tomorrow morning. Which is putting us to Thursday. I told Adam tonight, we're moving in Thursday whether it's ready or not. I'm done waiting!
Kandis...it looks amazing! Great color choices! Can't wait to see the rest!
If your house were a Disney song, it would be Zero to Hero. Nice work.
It looks so good I can't wait to see more. Glad its all coming along and you can finally get into your home!!
Wow! Can I come live at your house? I love it!!
I love that green! I can't wait to see the rest. My favorite shows on tv or ones that show scary befores and gorgeous afters. I'll be waiting!!!
nice Kandis..the kitchen looks great.
Kandis I am so jealous. When you are done unpacking and settled in you're going to have to come over to my house and help me redo each room one by one. Now I'm just around the corner. Yeah! It looks awesome. I'm so excited for you guys.
Lindsey
Wow! What a difference! It's beautiful!!! :-)
Dude I can not believe how good it looks!!!
Post a Comment