PILLOWS FOR OUR NEW HOUSE

I found this quick and easy slip cover tutorial on Candace's blog (Adam's cousin). So I found my material and went to town. LOVE EM! I wanted some texture to my plain green fabric so I sewed 4" squares together and turned them on their side for a diamond look, which turned out sweet. I can't wait to put these on our new brown couches...exciting.
Next up... PINK SKIRTS for some girly girls (Kenedee & McKenzi Howell)

Some of our closest friends came to see us in November so I kind of went to town. I made these little twirly skirts for the girls. I was nervous though because I only know how to make Kenedee's size (no pattern or anything) so I cut down the measurements and converted my 3T skirt to an 18 month skirt - turned out darling! I was quite excited to see this little girl wearing an itty bitty skirt.
SUPERHERO CAPES!!!
Boy Cape - (Batman & Incredibles)

Girl Cape - (Batwoman & Princess)

I've been wanting to make this for Lincoln now for awhile, it's the only thing I can think of to make for a boy (there's endless possibilities for girls but zero cool things for boys, throw any ideas my way). So I decided to make reversible Superhero Capes for all of the 4 kiddos (Jaxson Howell, Kenedee, Lincoln, and McKenzi Howell), a lot of work but glad I did it. I loved how they turned out and so did the kids. One more thing I can throw in our dress-up box once we get into our house.
Last but not least, some Flower Embellishments for Marissa and me. I found these Shade shirts for a killer price so I bought one for Marissa and myself to try out these flower embellishments. I've seen them around and decided to experiment with two different fabrics to coordinate with the shirt. I didn't want to sew them on since they'll shred in the washing machine so they are pinned on but can be arranged in a few ways, (sorry for the horrible picture taking - one with flash, two without with me holding the camera and taking it in front of the mirror. good times.) But here's the idea.
Around the neck -

'V' down the middle or Laid out across the side
4 comments:
Kandis-
You are so crafty! I love all your projects!
super cute! where did you get the pattern for the skirt? it's alittle different than the one I use and I like it. Oh, and you can pj bottoms for Lincoln! That's all I make my boys. They have approximately 1 million each. Now that I have a daughter I'll probably slow down on making those!
Those capes turned out so cute, did you have tutorial that you followed, or did you just make it up? My boys would love those!
You inspire me Kandis! Will you give me a lesson or two?
Hailey
Post a Comment