Monday, March 28, 2011

Deflated


This is the perfect word to describe how I'm feeling today. Totally DEFLATED! After being so excited thinking this baby is coming any second now, 10 days kind of starts to wear on ya. Especially when I go to my appt today and the doctor says, 'well, I'll see you in a week.' Seriously??? Apparently this baby is a fan of my womb and doesn't want to come out. I'm still dilated 3+, effaced, stripped membranes, have done everything possible you'd think to get this kid here (taught aerobics last week, deep cleaned my house a billion times, bike rides, walking, etc). My doctor will be gone Thursday through Sunday so if this baby arrives during any of those days I might be even that more frusturated. I have not whined or complained this ENTIRE pregnancy and I probably shouldn't be now since I still have a week and a half left but when my body and the doctor basically convinced me that I'd have this kid 10 days ago, it's a little FRUSTURATING! It's also killing me cause my mom is on her Spring Break right now, kicking it in Idaho in 30 degree weather, waiting for the call for her and my dad to drive down. I should be in labor and they should be enjoying our 85 degree weather this week. Bummer. I don't think Adam knew what to say to me today after my doctor's appt. The doc walked out and the tears started streaming, the anticipation for the last 10 days finally got to me, I'm burnt out from planning, keeping my house spotless clean, laundry completely caught up, grocery shopping stocked, just in case today is the day. Forget it, this baby is coming next week so now we're onto partying this week. I've already sent out a playgroup email with basically something planned every day, park/picnic, ice cream outting, and a morning at the water park. Here's to keeping ourselves entertained this week cause if this baby isn't here by Wednesday, I'm not letting him come out til next week!!!!

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh Kandis I know exactly how you feel! Deflated is the perfect word. I just decided to do the same thing. I took the kids to an indoor bounce house this morning and it was so much better than cleaning or counting contractions!

Enjoy being a mom of two as much as you can!

Unknown said...

Oh man! Good Luck this week :) You can do it! My dr. was out of town when they unexpectedly induced me with Camden...it turned out great--

celeste said...

oh maaan. hang in there. those last few weeks are the hardest. play dates and ICE CREAM sound like the perfect pick-me-ups.

p.s. i always so "thanks but no thanks" to the lovely cervical checks. at best, they are completely pointless. at worst, they can really mess with a pregnant girl's head!

Chelsi said...

Oh bummer i totally know how you feel sounds exactly like all my pregnancies! Hang in there and enjoy your time with the other kiddos before this one comes!!

Amber said...

I like your comment. Forget it! Hang in there! It's such an exciting time-- we can't wait to meet your new little Barlow!

Kellie said...

This little boy isn't Kenedee (right on the due date) or Lincoln (two weeks early), he wants to keep you in suspense. I know what a planner you are and the fact that the perfect timing isn't happening is killing you but quit stressing, you are ready for him so feel proud of that and have a great week! The excitement is coming shortly.

Caldwell Family said...

Sounds like no fun, but it'll happen soon enough. Sorry you are feeling that way. What a bummer. Have a fun week though with lots of plans and it'll all work out. :)

mrs. barlow said...

oh mama. i have no clue how this feels for you or hedei but you can do it!

mrs. barlow said...

and yes i just spelled heidis name wrong. again. for the sixth recorded time. fail.