We put Lincoln to bed last night at 7:30 (no nap on Tuesday and he was exhausted). About 45 minutes later we heard Lincoln crying upstairs. I was catching up on some work so Adam went up to check on him. When Adam walked back downstairs I asked what was wrong, he said 'nothing, he was asleep.' Random. Well at 9:30 we sat down to watch a show that night and I heard Lincoln crying again. I thought 'what in the world!!! this kid had no nap, he should be out cold for the night.' So I run upstairs to check on him this time. I open the door and see him SOUND ASLEEP and the whole room filled with smoke. I yelled for Adam, grabbed Lincoln and took him into our room. There were two things on in Lincoln's room, his air purifier and his ceiling fan. The smoke smell was so strong it was giving me a headache but when I smelled the purifier I couldn't smell anything. Adam turned on the light and we could see smoke just flowing out of the ceiling fan. We turned off the ceiling fan, opened windows, kept his purifier on, tried to air out our upstairs, and I sat and laid with Lincoln just imagining what could have happened. It was only time before the entire fan was on fire, luckily it was still contained inside the fan itself (motor area) but there's no question it could have been devastating. That little cry did come out of Lincoln's body but I know it came from my Father in Heaven so that I would check on my little boy. Otherwise, I wouldn't have checked on him for another 2 hours before I would have gone to bed and who knows what I would have found then. It makes me sick just thinking about what could have happened so I just think about what did happen and I have been full of thanks to Heavenly Father...that I heard his cry, checked on him, and was able to find his burning fan. (I just bought two smoke detectors for the kids rooms and they were sitting on the counter downstairs). So today I held him a little longer, kissed his little cheeks more than ever and have given MANY THANKS all day! Lincoln, you are one special little guy! (Adam took apart his fan this morning. The entire motor area inside was black and burned. I had no clue this can happen to ceiling fans!)
Here they are at the park today...enjoying our 90 degree weather, it's a warm one this week!
4 comments:
Sooo glad he's okay! How scary for you! I love all your posts. You guys have been having so much fun! How are you doing? You look great and you're almost done!
Wow, what an amazing miracle! Thank you for sharing your tender mercy!
OH MY GOSH!!! Those moments must have been traumatic. What a sweet blessing and miracle! Thanks for sharing and reminding us to listen to those 'promptings' and cries.
WHAT A BLESSING! HEAVENLY FATHER IS CERTAINLY OUR PROTECTOR.(ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU LISTEN) YOUR KIDS ARE ADORABLE.
Post a Comment