Monday, March 7, 2011

Our Saturday

Before my mom left she asked us what our plans were for the weekend...nothing really. But our day of nothing turned into one non-stop day of fun. We started off bright and early taking the kids to Home Depot for their kids day (once a month). I just found out about it last month so we were excited to check it out. The first Saturday of each month (from 9-12) you bring your kids in to build a project. Since this was their first time, they both got an official Home Depot apron (super cute) and were handed their project. So off we went to the tables to begin building. Both of them thought it was pretty much awesome gluing, hammering, nailing, and putting stickers on their cars! Once they completed their cars, they took them over to show the lady to receive a certificate and pin. Each time they complete a project, they'll get a pin to put on their apron. Adam and I were both impressed with the whole set up. Next months project...planter boxes.



After Home Depot, we went and ordered a dresser for Lincoln's room (I'm dying that I have four weeks left and can't organize any of the baby's clothes yet. So this was a must on my to-do list). It will be here in 10 days! (I'm now just crossing my fingers that the wood colors will match up).

We then met up with the Ahumadas at a Spring Training Game - Oakland A's versus the Giants. The kids were pretty excited to go. We all brought blankets and food thinking we would be sitting in the outfield watching the game. When we arrived we saw on the tickets it said 'Standing Room Only' and saw that were was NO grass in the outfield to sit on. So we watched the first two innings in pretty sweet seats til we got kicked out by the ticket holders of those seats. We went to find some standing room but that was a no-go. The game was oversold, people everywhere, no room to watch, so we ended up leaving during the 6th inning. Adam went to try and get our money back since it was such a disaster (game oversold, no room to stand, etc) and the guy ended up giving us tickets to a game in two weeks (with actual seats for each of us). So it all ended up working out but I felt bad cause Kenedee & Lincoln had a rough time. They didn't understand why we had to leave our seats, why there was no room to watch the game, and why we were walking out after not watching the game. So drama mixed with no naps, not a happy walk out to the car for those two. But here are some pics of the game of what we did see...


After both Kenedee & Lincoln caught up on some nap time, they were ready to keep going. We met up with some friends to enjoy an evening with HOT AIR BALLOONS. Our friend Craig was helping run the show for work so we were happy to come along for the ride, enjoy some yummy food, and see the air balloons up-close. Our kids thought it was AWESOME! Here we are walking in, with 3 of the 9 balloons up so far...



Millie, Kenedee, and Lincoln (Millie was enjoying her cotton candy at the moment :)

Lincoln & Millie dancing the night away!

Kenedee was a little dancing machine as well, getting out plenty of energy. (And you can see Lincoln in the background dancing with his cotton candy stick...right before her smacked Millie with it, sorry little lady!)

We were able to take the kids right up to the air balloons. I was amazed at how hot & bright that flame was. It didn't affect Lincoln but Kenedee made a mad dash outta there once the flame started going. And I totally got her reaction on camera...funny girl! (She was supposed to be standing by Adam)

There were nine air balloons up and glowing. They did what was called a 'balloon glow' where they had the flames all going at once. It was pretty sweet I must say...


After an evening with the air balloons, we took the kids over to our Elders Quorum Malt Social. I was in heaven loading up my malt with ice cream, peanut butter, bananas, chocolate, and malt powder...soooo delicious and totally hit the spot. One might say that I crave ice cream with my pregnancies but really I think I crave ice cream at any time in my life. But lately I've ended my nights with a bowl of ice cream or homemade shake. So to end my Saturday with the tastiest malt - FABULOUS! What a day!!!

2 comments:

mrs. barlow said...

cutest kids!
my sister use to work at home depot and she loved watching the kids come and do the craft time.

Elise said...

Kandis ! I can't believe you only have 4 weeks left! You look great! I 'm so excited for you guys to welcome baby #3! Miss you guys!