Wednesday, March 28, 2007

TULIPS ONLY LAST 3 WEEKS???


This was so funny to me. So Adam and I planted tulip bulbs last fall. We were so excited about it. They started to come up about five weeks ago, we were watching them grow everyday and loving it. They finally opened up about three weeks ago and were absolutely beautiful. Adam was quite proud of himself that 98 of the 100 bulbs that he planted came up. So we've been enjoying our tulips now for the last three weeks. A few days ago he comes walking inside and asks "Why are the petals falling off!!!" I'm like "what are you talking about?" He couldn't believe that the petals were falling off the tulips. I responded, "they're going to die at some point" But he was not ready to let them go, he was thinking that they were going to be around all summer long. So I had to sit him down (not really) and let him know that these were only a spring flower, not a summer flower. He wasn't too happy about that. So now he's trying to figure out what to plant that will bloom for the Summer. He cracks me up. At least our Dogwood Tree is now blooming and beautiful.

4 comments:

Tori said...

Hey Kandis! You've inspired me...I've been wanting to plant SOMETHING for a long time now, but I just haven't gotten around to doing it! Blogging, is fun, huh?

Barlow Fam said...

That's so funny, I said the same thing to Mike about our tulips. I was very dissapointed when I learned that they don't last. Sad.

Matt said...

Dude - I have an idea. What if you alternated bulbs. Like you plant one bulb, leave a spot, plant another one, leave a spot, and so on. Then like 3 weeks later you fill in the blank spots with bulbs. That way, depending on how many time you do it, you could have them blooming all summer.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Hi Kandis! Jackie showed us your blog and we just had to check it out to see the other Kenedee! She is adorable!!! It is fun to see your little family! We had beautiful tulips coming up here in Colorado & the stinken deer ate the tops right off!!! Now that is a bummer!

cousin jess