Thursday, February 7, 2008

PONY TIME!!!

So over the last week I've been experimenting with Kenedee's hair. I tried out two half ponies last week. I was so excited that I emailed my mom a picture and the first thing my dad said was 'didn't your mom teach you how to make a straight part?' Growing up, my mom was the hair nazi and made sure our hair was perfect each and every day. The thing that drove my mom crazy, and still does, is a crooked part. So on my first attempt, I will admit that Kenedee's part wasn't the straightest. Which led me to doing her hair that way again the next day with the straightest part you'll ever see!


Last night my sister watched Kenedee while Adam and I went to the Lakers game. While she was over, she was experimenting herself and put a pony tail in her hair. I had not yet attempted the true pony since I didn't think it could be done. So thanks to Kell, Kenedee is my grown-up little girl today. I put a pony in which lasted for about a good hour, so I attempted two true pony tails and they came out darling! My 18 month baby is turning into a little girl!


11 comments:

Hatch Family said...

Hey Kandis! I found your blog through Rachel's. Your little girl is so cute! Congrats on the new one coming too! Boys are tons of fun!
Ashley Hatch
jnahatch.blogspot.com

Barlow Fam said...

Too cute! Ponies are a real milestone in a girls life. Don't know if we'll EVER get there with Lauren. : )

Criscell said...

Super cute! I'm so jealous! I wish Caysja had enough hair to do that!

Debbie said...

Kandis - I loved this blog. I still remember coming over to your house when we were young your mom saying that you could not play until she was done fixing your hair. I sat and watched as your mom made it perfect. It was great to see that you and Kellie do the same thing with Kenedee.

Tiff and Dave said...

Way cute! So much fun to do new things. I tried to attempt a real pony with as much hair as possible yesterday, but it didn't go so well. She is darling!

Elise said...

All I can say is ADORABLE!!!! Do you think I will ever have a girl???? Oh my, what am I saying, I just had a baby three weeks ago and do NOT want to think about being pregnant again for a very long time!!!!!!

Miss you tons!

The Watts Family said...

I love it! Kenedee is so cute, and her hair will be perfect just like yours always was. I can't wait for Brooklyn's hair to get longer too, so I can do fun things with it, she is too impatient now, so we settle for the mohawk and headband. What did you do with Kenedee's when it was long on the top but not on the sides? It is a weird stage. So fun though.

Amber said...

so stinkin cute!! I love it. I have the exact same picture with the exact same first ponytail! Talk about a little dejavu. :)

the meyersons said...

Stop with the adorableness. Seriously cute. It's funny, you think your child can't get cuter, then something like ponies enters your life.

She's a keeper!

Tiffany W said...

Her hair looks so cute! I think it makes her look a little big older. I can't wait until Heidi's hair is long enough to do that!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Too stinken cute!!! Now she looks like a true Olson gal!