Thursday, February 14, 2008

V-DAY CELEBRATION!

Since my man has been out of town all week (leaving Kenedee and I home with miserable colds to get over) and doesn't get back until tomorrow, we celebrated Valentine's a little early. I surprised him with tickets to the Laker's game out here. It worked out perfect cause they played the Hawks last Wednesday (Feb 6th) so it was an exciting outting for Adam & me. It was an entire day of the Lakers. Since we were leaving Kenedee home with my sister that night, I put her in her Lakers Uniform to celebrate the day and make her dad proud. She was loving her little jersey.


(With my ever growing belly, my Lakers jersey was a little tight so I had to wear Adam's Lakers jacket. He went a little more low-key than I was expecting since he has Laker gear from head to toe - bling, headbands, wrist bands and all. But maybe he thought he would tone it down since he we were in the Hawks home town.)
When we go to the Phillips Arena (where the Hawks play) we usually take the MARTA in which takes you right under the Phillips Arena. I was a little nervous about us taking the MARTA dressed in our Lakers attire but Adam told me there would be a ton of Lakers fans. He dropped me off so I could run and get our MARTA tickets while he parked. I must have had Lakers on the brain cause I seriously blanked when I went to buy our tickets. I'm standing at the machine (which is totally confusing) so I turn to the guy that is standing there waiting to help people and I say, 'what do I push if I want to go to the Staples Center???' I started laughing right when I finished the sentence cause hello, I'm in Atlanta not LA. But I could not remember 'The Phillips Arena' for the life of me. The lady standing next to me starts busting up laughing but all I could think of was the Staples Center. Luckily the guy knew what I meant and I quickly purchased our tickets. Adam came walking up and I just started laughing so hard and asked him where we were going cause I still couldn't remember, and hello I've been to the Phillips Arena like a dozen times. Adam was right though, there were a few other Laker fans on the train/subway over but he more enjoyed talking smack with Hawks fans on there that were also headed to the game.


The game was super exciting. I could tell Adam was so pumped to be there. Adam wanted to make sure that I got a picture of Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant in it since he was stoked he was there with Gasol's second game as a Laker. The Lakers were up like 6-10 points the entire game until the last two minutes when the Hawks caught up to tie the score. Kobe was shooting horrible though cause he had dislocated his finger (shooting hand) in the game the night before. So he was missing a ton of shots. The Hawks were ahead by three points with a minute to go. It was pretty intense cause about 1/4 of the crowd were Lakers fans and we were all standing up hoping they would win. Derek Fisher attempted a three-pointer with seconds to go but no good, THEY LOST! Even though they lost, it was still an exciting night for us!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

How fun!! Kenedee is way cute in her Laker's outfit. We miss you guys!!

Shaunte' said...

What a great Valentine date! Sounds like a blast. Love the jersey on Kenedee!

Criscell said...

Kenedee is such a doll in that outfit! What a fun thing to do for V-day!

Coming soon.... said...

So fun. I'm so jealous.

Tiffany W said...

That sounds like so much fun. And the forgetting of the place I am sure is due to pregnancy! (I blame everything on being pregnant)

Amber said...

How fun!! I was glad to hear that Vaughn & aren't the only ones seperated on V Day. I love Kenedee's jersey.