Monday, March 24, 2008

OUR GOLF/BEACH VACATION!!!


For Adam's BIG 3-0 we decided to take a golf/beach vacation down to Florida this last weekend. We drove down to Destin (panhandle of Florida) on Friday with Kellie & Steve. We checked into our hotel and hit the town that night. We were told that 'Harbor Docks' had amazing seafood so we thought we'd check it out. Overall thumbs down but the dock and restaurant on the ocean was amazing.


Saturday was our beach/golf day. I don't think it could work out any better! Kellie, Kenedee, and I headed off to the beach while Adam & Steve headed off to the golf course. We scored on the weather and had a beautiful day. It was partly cloudy that morning with a cool breeze so we headed off to lunch in hopes of warmer weather. It finally hit the low seventies and the clouds disappeared after lunch. We couldn't have asked for a prettier afternoon. Kenedee was so high maintenance with the sand during the first few hours. Anytime she got sand on her hands, she had to go wash them off, she was being a clean freak there for while. She did better in the afternoon and finally got down and dirty. Her favorite part was running up the waters edge and running back as the waves came in. That entertained her for hours. As we were eating some snacks, some birds flew in near us so we started throwing some crackers at them. within seconds about 10 birds were within three feet of us. As we would throw crackers in the air, they would fly up and hover above us, catching it in their mouths. It was a little crazy at times cause they were hovering like two feet from out heads!


The guys had an amazing time as well. Their golf course was beautiful and they loved every second of it. Kellie & Steve have this cool feature on their camera where it takes sequence shots within seconds of eachother so Steve took some cool ones of Adam in action. That night after dinner/ice cream we came to the hotel to decorate our Easter eggs. What's Easter without decorating easter eggs!


Easter morning was quite a hit. The night before we hid some Easter eggs for Kenedee. When I say 'hid' it was more like placing them in plain site since she is only a year a half. She woke up and saw an egg sitting on the floor so the hunt began! She loved it and found them all! She got a 'bunny' Mr. Potato head set and her Grandma Kris and Grandma Annell hooked her up with her Easter goodies. She had some sweet hair going on that morning! We had breakfast, cleaned up, and drove back to Atlanta where the weather is freezing!

12 comments:

AlliSMiles said...

i miss you! i want to meet miss kennedee someday. when you're in utah again, call so we can do lunch!

Criscell said...

How fun! The weather and beach look gorgeous!

Amber said...

I think ya'll are the most "going" people I've ever seen. Everytime I turn around you're blogging about a fun little trip here or a sweet vacation there. It's great!! Good for ya'll. I'm equally impressed by how much you did up Easter in a hotel. What a good mommy!

Shaunte' said...

Destin is one of my most very favorite places in the world. We went every summer growing up. Don't you love the white sand? Love the Easter dress too!

Amber said...

p.s. we just went to a private blog. will you send me your email so I can send you an invite? thanks.

fishkisses81@gmail.com

Jocelyn Allan said...

Wow! You guys are traveling fools! I am so jealous of all the nice weather--we are still pretty chilly up here. You guys need to come to Utah soon so we can hang out again!

Heather Inns said...

Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun. Your blog is so cute. Thank you for your sweet comment. Time does fly by when you are having fun. We hope all is well.

Barlow Fam said...

What a fun Easter weekend. Kennedee is getting cuter by the day, if that's possible. : )

Unknown said...

It looks like you guys had such a good time. I can't wait to meet your little man. You're so going to love having a boy!

Audie said...

Hey! This is Audie! I found your blog and noticed you were pregnant. When are you due? I'm pregnant with our second girl and was wondering if our due dates were close. Mine is April 24th. Congratulations! How are you liking Georgia?

Tori said...

Oh my gosh! What an awesome month. I love Destin and I love Kenedee's dress. You guys should have come down a little further and said hello to us in Gator-town! :)

giff.jenna.maddox.jordi nielsen said...

I'm so jealous, the beach again! That sounds like it was so much fun! Happy B-day again to Adam! I can't wait for Giff to turn 30 so we can do something fun! haha! I love Kenedee's swimsuit! I was cracking up because there is one pic where Kenedee totally looks like your family. It's one of the ones in the bottom row of the Easter egg hunt pics! Glad you had another fun trip!