Wednesday, March 5, 2008
SUNNY CALIFORNIA
My little sister has her Cheer Nationals this weekend in LA so my sister and I decided to fly out and meet my family here for the weekend. Adam is from LA so Kenedee and I came out a few days earlier to spend sometime with his family. I was kind of dreading the flight as usual, direct which made it nice in a way but 5 HOURS NONSTOP is a killer for anyone, let alone a busy 18 month old. I figured it's in the middle of the afternoon, it shouldn't be full right??? My biggest fear was to have no empty seats available and have Kenedee on my lap for five hours with my almost 7 1/2 month pregnant belly. We show up the airport today and my sister helped us in since I had two bags and a giant carseat (Adam has Spring Break all week but had to go to Utah for work). While I was getting my ticket a guy was also checking in and was over near Kellie and Kenedee so he started talking to Kenedee. A few minutes later I came walking back to Kellie and she said, 'Is that Andre 3000, from Outkast?' I look over and it was so him. We had to double check with the ticket counter but yeah, he was checking in and talked to my little lady! That was just a side-note, on to the real story. Kenedee and I show up to the gate and the flight is oversold, just my luck. So yes, my worst nightmare came true... Kenedee on my lap, five hours straight, and a ginormous belly. I must give Kenedee mad props cause she did fantastic. The only part that really frusturated me is this inconsiderate man sitting right in front of us (First Class). We were the row directly behind first class so the man in front of us decides to push his seat ALL THE WAY BACK for the last two hours of the flight. Him in his comfy, huge, roomy first class seat needs a little more room while Kenedee and I have even less room behind him. He was fully aware we were right behind him so I thought it was quite rude, Kenedee couldn't even sit up straight without hitting her head on the seat, frusturating. Anyways, other than that it went a whole lot smoother than I could ever have hoped for. Props to my little lady! We are now in Sunny California and loving it!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Flying is so stressful with little kids, especially when you are alone. I can't even imagine doing it 7 1/2 months preg. Way to go!
I hear ya! Last spring I made the trip to Hawaii with Ani (an my prego belly) it was CRAZY! Now, in a few weeks, I am going to have to try it again with two kids--I'm so worried it will be a disaster!
That is horrible, and why are people so rude? Hopefully the flight back will be better luck for you.
Oh bless your heart!! I fly back east quite frequently & it's a 5 hour flight, I couldn't even imagine doing what you did. It's kind of a blessing & a curse when they force you to buy the ticket for the kids. I hate how much it costs but it's so nice not to have to stress over whether they'll have a seat or not. I SOOO hope your return flight is better.
It's hard enough flying with Carter without having a belly, props to you flying prego with Kenedee. She must be a very well behaved little miss to have done so well.
You should have told her, "play with that man's hair Kennedee"...problem solved! Ha, hope you have a blast with the parentals and watching the competition!
I am so impressed with you Kandis, I can't even imagine doing it pregnant with an inquisitive little 18 month old. Brooklyn is hard enough to handle. Way to go!
Oh gosh, I've had a plane flight like that. It's the pits. Good thing Kenedee is so cute.
Post a Comment