
(This is Adam's classic smile these days. It all started shortly after we got married and he realized how many pictures my family takes, so he started making the lamest smiles in pictures to be funny and this smile has stuck over the years, not cool!)
There won't be a birthday happening in my house without a party, I love parties! Adam loves surprises and I've never thought ahead enough to throw him one so I attempted this year and it turned out a success. I decided to throw him a surprise Birthday Dinner since we always go out to dinner on our birthdays. I invited 20 of our closest friends and family out here and made a reservation at Pappasitos (super tasty Mexican food). So a few days prior to yesterday, I start asking Adam where he wanted to go for his birthday dinner (so I could call and make reservations). Not joking, he told me about three new places each day. We'd be driving down the road, 'maybe we'll go to Longhorn Steakhouse for my birthday, oh wait, Red Lobster would be good, or how about Three Dollar Cafe?' I was going crazy cause he couldn't narrow his options down at all. So I decided on Pappasitos cause they have a nice big room in the back and stuck to my plan. My only worry was trying to figure out how to get him there last night. Kenedee and me both came down with nasty colds last week and Adam has been lucky enough not to get it yet, until yesterday! He wakes up feeling sick and comes home from school completely miserable. He has a temperature, then chills, coughing, and just laying on the couch miserable. In my mind I'm thinking, I can't cancel now this is already set into motion... I had made his cake that morning, preordered and picked up balloons & decor and had taken it all over to my sisters before he got home. He knew we were going to dinner with Kellie & Steve and if that was really the case, I for sure would have called off dinner, but with all this underway, I had to keep it rolling. He was such a trooper and got ready for dinner. I had a pretty good story as to why we were going to Pappasitos and he didn't question it so we headed over there and SURPRISE! Everyone was waiting for him in the back room. The funny thing is, on the way over he says to me, 'you're not planning a surprise party for me tonight, right? cause I feel like crap.' I just start laughing and say 'of course not!' Although he wasn't feeling 100%, he enjoyed his night and everyone for coming out, so Thank You!


I asked everyone to bring Adam 30 of something, nothing big but I thought it would be funny. I heard the idea from somewhere and it turned out to be a lot of fun. He got 30 inches (a yard stick cut off at 30 inches, it was hilarious), thirty pieces of green candy, gum, etc, 30 raisins (since he is now old and all pruny), 30 tootsie rolls, 30 golf balls, 30 golf tees, and 30 hours of fun (from Kenedee & me for our trip this weekend). We had an awesome night!

Dad's Lady Luck: I found this shirt at Old Navy and thought it was perfect since we were celebrating her Dad on St. Patrick's Day. She also was loving the party! She hasn't been this good at a restaurant for awhile so I told Adam that must have been her present to him.

A-dog's cake. His mom always made him the confetti cake (with the little colored pieces in it) for his birthday so that tradition has stuck. I made him his 'funfetti cake' which really is pretty tasty.

14 comments:
What a cute birthday party! And you look so cute with your pregnant belly Kandis!
how fun. looks like a great party. tell Adam happy 30th from the Jones'!
What a good reason to celebrate St. Patty's. Up here it's just an excuse to go get drunk, so we stay at home safely eating green food!
And I love your belly!
What a sweet wife you are to do all that! How did you get the shape of a four leaf clover for that cake? I love it!
happy birthday adam!
Everything looks perfect! Even the little Miss.
Happy Birthday Adam!
I love the confetti cake and always have it on my brithday as well. How fun I will have remember the 30 of something for Kevins brithday this year.
Kandis you are the cutest. I miss you guys!
love the cake!! I'm glad he had a good birthday & hope he's feeling better!
Happy 30th Adam! Good job Kandis for pulling off the surprise party! What a great little wife you are! Kenedee you were lookin' good at the party rockin' your leggins! Glad you all had fun! ps How do you shape your cakes? Adam's clover and Kenedee's flower.
How fun, Kandis! It is so hard to do surprise stuff, but it looks like it turned out really well for you guys. Kenedee is so cute!
Happy B-Day Adam! Kandis... you are so cute prego! We're going private on our blog, so email me if you want so I can add you. haileyschild@gmail.com. Go Lakers!
We'll either be in Irvine or Pasadena. You'll have to get me in touch with your friend. We've found a few spots that we like but were so unfamiliar with the area were not sure whats decent & whats not. I actually found Matt and Elise's blog off of yours. I don't know if that is who your talking about but I saw that they were in CA. I actually thought about asking you for their info so I could get their opinion on things. My cousin was Matt's room mate in Provo so I recognized him. Sorry to write a novel.
Oh and we move in 3 weeks.
Post a Comment