Friday, April 25, 2008

BABY UPDATE

I've been getting a hard time for not posting up some new pics so you're getting more than you probably asked for...

CLICK HERE to check out our Slideshow


As for the baby update, things are going great! I really was trying to convince myself that my water had not broken cause I still had a few things I wanted to get done. But after having the baby and being done, I gotta say coming two weeks early was sweet! My sister was kind enough to come and stay with Kenedee for two days and even deep cleaned my whole house in preparation for Lincoln coming home, one of the last few things I was putting off until the due date got a little closer. I can't thank her enough for all of her help. My mom wasn't supposed to come out until two days before Lincoln's original due date so when it all happened she changed her flight and came out to help us for a week. She flew home yesterday and I was soooo sad to see her go. My whole family luckily comes back out in a week so we're excited to see them all!

As for the birth, I was super nervous this time round. I think it's because Kenedee's birth went so smoothly that I didn't think it could get any better. But I must say Lincoln's birth was even easier which I'm super grateful for. He's been the most perfect little baby as well. I prepped myself for a crazy, difficult second baby cause really, Kenedee was an angel baby. But little Lincoln is a little angel as well. He is a champ nurser, super sleeper, and hardly ever cries! Of course, he's only a week and a half old and things could change but for now, he's the perfect little baby.

I was really excited to see what this little man looked like. I was hoping for a mini-Adam cause he was the cutest little boy and now super hot man! Everyone says Kenedee looks just like her dad and I think Lincoln looks just like Kenedee did as a baby, so much so that if I put a headband on him I'd be looking at Kenedee. Lincoln (as well as Kenedee) has Adam's dimple chin, cheek dimples, crazy cowlick, blood (which caused me to get the Rhogam shot with both kids - not fun), and lips (Lincoln and Kenedee have the same lips which we're not quite sure whose they are). The top row are pics of Kenedee and the bottom row are pics of Lincoln...


Kenedee has been obsessed with her brother from the beginning. She either wants to be near whoever is holding Lincoln, holding him herself, taking out/putting in his binky, or taking off his socks. She is really into his feet for some reason and loves to pull of his socks, kind of annoying actually since I'm constantly putting them back on. She loves to hold him and wants to do it at least a half dozen times a day. If he even makes a peep she runs over to him and stands by his side, she's been pretty funny to watch. Luckily, I think Kenedee is too young for the jealous factor. She's been great with him and hasn't acted differently towards me, hope that doesn't change!


My mom was the biggest help, mostly with entertaining Kenedee since she needs attention 24/7. I think they spent five hours outside everyday and Kenedee still couldn't get enough. It was so nice to have her come out, Thanks MOM!


I'm feeling awesome already. My recovery I would say has been quicker than the first and I've been feeling great. Adam has been super busy with finals so I'll be happy when those are over and we have him back! But other than that, enjoy the pics and thanks for all of the congrats!!!!

16 comments:

blythe said...

Thanks for the update! Lincoln really does look so much like Kenedee, how crazy! I'm glad you are doing well.

the-olson-clan said...

Yes I would have to agree...your kids look a lot alike, and a lot like you! I was glad to hear everything went so well!

the meyersons said...

Adorable kids!! I'm so glad everything is going so well. Can't wait to hopefully see you guys in the summer!

Congrats on your super duper cute baby!

CYD said...

He is just a pumpkin-and you're right, those baby pics are almost identical! Glad you're feeling well. And tell your mom she is the cutest! I miss all my aunts and uncles!!

Kimberly said...

How cute!! The middle picture of the two of them is identical.. they look so much alike.. which is a great thing because Kenedee is so darn cute! I can't wait to see little Lincoln in person! How's the hair?! Hope things are going good.. call me if you need anything!

Jessica Jackson said...

Congratulations on the new little guy, he's adorable! And Kenedee is a little sweetie. What fun! I hope everything's going well.

Criscell said...

He's so handsome--and he does look a lot like Kenedee for sure! I'm so glad everything went well and that you're feeling good. Once again, congrats!

Court and Britt said...

What a cutie!! You look great!! Love Lincolns pack & play(Jax has the same one:)!!

Blake and Yanery said...

I am so glad your doing well. I just love seeing how your cute family is doing. Your kids are sooo.... cute. Lincoln is def. another Barlow. We wish you guys the best!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Oh man is that little one adorable! I am so glad things went well for you...I am already freaking out about the delivery! Sigh...I have until the end of August and I am sooooo nervous. You would think baby #5 wouldn't scare me, but trust me I am a big chicken!

I can't believe the pics of you two cuties! I think Lincoln looks like your brothers did. Am I nuts or do you think that too?

The Watts Family said...

So cute!!! And, they really do look just alike, how funny. So glad to hear that everything is going well. Are you going to be in IF for the 4th? If so, we can't wait to see you!!!

Jones Family said...

Congratulations on your new baby! That just makes me want another one. We saw your mom in the airport a few weeks ago and she was on her way to see the baby and she was sooo excited. Congratulations again.

-Chez and Julie

Bryan and Marissa said...

Love the pics Kandis they are both so cute!!!

Seth & Courtney said...

What a little angel. So glad to hear that he's been such a good baby too. I love Kenedee's attentions to him. It reminds me of when we visited and she was 5 months old and Jack would run to her every time she'd make a peep. She is going to be such a great big sis!

Amber said...

So glad that things are going well. It gives me hope for our second little one. It's amazing how alike they look.

Tori said...

Wow! Sounds like you are doing really well. I love all the pics and I can't believe how much he looks like Kenedee! How cute are they?!