Tuesday, April 1, 2008

MORE HOUSE PROJECTS UNDERWAY


So when we moved into our house, there was a giant tree in our backyard. This tree had probably been here since the fifties and covered our entire backyard plus some of our house. Last summer Adam cut down part of the tree, the part that was covering our house and wanted the rest out before the baby came. Since the tree was so big grass was never able to grow in our backyard, mostly mossy patchy grass here and there. So we had the rest of the tree cut down two weeks ago in hopes of planting grass. The only problem, we still have this GIANT TRUNK in our backyard and only two maybe three weeks left to plant grass (or the weather is too warm and the seed won't take - what the grass experts out here are telling us). So Adam and Bryan decided to rent a tiller last Saturday and re-plant/seed both backyards at once. I have to give them huge credit cause they were working out there for about 8 hours straight tilling/seeding two backyards. They tilled, laid seed, fertilizer, lime, and then straw over the top. I don't know if everyone lays straw but out here everyone does. Supposedly it keeps the seeds from blowing away, keeps the moisture in, etc. They said we should start to see the grass in 7-10 days so we're keeping our eyes peeled!


Adam and Bryan going to town on Bryan's backyard...


While the boys were working on the backyard, I decided to paint the blue areas in Kenedee's room. I haven't finished the touchups on the brown border so once that is done, I'll take a picture of the whole wall and post it. Only FOUR WEEKS to go til our little man comes so we're getting there. I just want to get some rugs and our comforter dry cleaned before he comes and we're good to go!

13 comments:

blythe said...

I love the kids room. I can't wait to see it all done! Only 4 weeks--wow!

Bryan and Marissa said...

Girl I love the blue! I think it looks really good! I mean definetly not as good as the pink J/K!

Kristen said...

You're so talented!! I seriously need you to come out this summer to help us decorate :) I'm so excited to see your new baby!!

Adam Barlow said...

Wow, how long did that take? That's awesome! But what I really like is the yard work, that looks like it's going to come out nice...I bet that took way longer than the painting.

The Ahumadas said...

Adding the blue was such a good idea, I can't believe you only have 4 weeks left!

The Ahumadas said...

Oh, and the yard work looks REALLY good, too. Are you sure you didn't have a professional come out and do that for you?

giff.jenna.maddox.jordi nielsen said...

You guys are such great home owners! That is awesome that Adam did all of that work! What a great man you've got! I love the wall, can't wait to see the whole pic!

Unknown said...

Gotta love the house projects! Four weeks!!! It seems like just a couple of months ago I found out your were pregnant. Time sure has gone by fast!!

Kellie said...

kenedee looks so cute on the stump.

CYD said...

love the kids' room! And the straw works wonders. I remember when we moved to Alabama as a kid all the new construction homes had straw and I remember thinking that people must be poor b/c they couldn't afford grassy lawns! We just strawed the yard last year for grass and it worked great when a windstorm blew in a few days later!

Hannah Ashmore said...

I love your paint job. I think I will hire you to paint my futures babies rooms. (Dont worry you still have plenty of time before that).

Amber said...

good for you guys!! Vaughn & I have some major projects that need to get underway before our baby comes. Thankfully we have much longer than 4 weeks to get in done!

Court and Britt said...

That is one HUGE tree!! I love the room, it looks so cute:).