The week started off with an unexpected twist. I'll be authoring this post as Kandis is laying in the hospital bed right now. But it's pretty important apparently that the pictures get disseminated as soon as possible to prevent the paparazzi from making any money on them. As I was getting ready for school, Kandis came into the bathroom with some "liquid discharge." (Keep in mind that she is due two weeks from now) It's not often that you hope that you've pee'd your pants, but this is one of those rare occasions. (Another is if you're sharing a sleeping bag and you feel it get wet). She tried to convince herself that it was something other than her water breaking and in fact went right back to bed. I got out of the shower and saw her curled up, trying to go back to sleep and I asked her if she'd talked to the doctor and she said that she didn't want to call yet. After some prodding she made the call and then tried to convince the doctor that it wasn't time yet. Needless to say, Kellie came over to be with Kenedee and we were on the road. We arrived at Northside Hospital at 9:30 AM and she had not started the active labor stage. After a dosage of pitocin at 11:00 AM, an epidural at 1:00 PM, and less than 5 minutes of pushing (2 solid pushes), Lincoln Adam Barlow arrived at 2:56 PM. He gave us a few good screams to intimidate everyone, then weighed in at 6 lbs. 8 oz, and 19.5 inches long. (The screams were necessary to compensate for being a little bit smaller than his sister was when she was born). He looks good and seems to be healthy. Everyone is doing well, happy, and now I can focus on finals and getting ready for the busy season at work without the uncertainty of a birth to worry about. Enjoy the pics...
Monday, April 14, 2008
Welcome baby Lincoln!
The week started off with an unexpected twist. I'll be authoring this post as Kandis is laying in the hospital bed right now. But it's pretty important apparently that the pictures get disseminated as soon as possible to prevent the paparazzi from making any money on them. As I was getting ready for school, Kandis came into the bathroom with some "liquid discharge." (Keep in mind that she is due two weeks from now) It's not often that you hope that you've pee'd your pants, but this is one of those rare occasions. (Another is if you're sharing a sleeping bag and you feel it get wet). She tried to convince herself that it was something other than her water breaking and in fact went right back to bed. I got out of the shower and saw her curled up, trying to go back to sleep and I asked her if she'd talked to the doctor and she said that she didn't want to call yet. After some prodding she made the call and then tried to convince the doctor that it wasn't time yet. Needless to say, Kellie came over to be with Kenedee and we were on the road. We arrived at Northside Hospital at 9:30 AM and she had not started the active labor stage. After a dosage of pitocin at 11:00 AM, an epidural at 1:00 PM, and less than 5 minutes of pushing (2 solid pushes), Lincoln Adam Barlow arrived at 2:56 PM. He gave us a few good screams to intimidate everyone, then weighed in at 6 lbs. 8 oz, and 19.5 inches long. (The screams were necessary to compensate for being a little bit smaller than his sister was when she was born). He looks good and seems to be healthy. Everyone is doing well, happy, and now I can focus on finals and getting ready for the busy season at work without the uncertainty of a birth to worry about. Enjoy the pics...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
49 comments:
YAH baby Lincoln is here!!!!! nice Post A.
YEAH!!! Lincoln is a doll. We are so excited for all of you. Kandis looks wonderful. Congratulations!
Congrats guys! I totally thought before you said his name that it was going to be Lincoln. I remember you loved President names in high school. :-) So cute!
Congratulations Kandis!! I love the name, I have always wanted to name a little boy Lincoln.
Congrats you guys! I am so excited for you! How lucky that the timing worked out so nicely, I can only pray that mine comes two weeks early.
Congrats!! I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to see him. I'm bringing you some grub early next week. Take care and I'll see ya then.
We're so excited to meet him... hopefully this summer?
congrats! he looks darling!
Sweet Post Adam! We are so excited that Lincoln is here!!!
Congratulations! I can't believe how much hair he has. Lincoln is such a cool name!
COngradulations!!! That is so great! I hope everyone is doing well. We send our love to you guys. Baby Lincoln welcome!
Well what an awesome day to have a baby if it was the 14th my birthday. He looks so cute I could only wish to have a baby that small and two weeks early. Hope all is well!
Congratulations, guys! Kandis, you look great in the pictures after just giving birth! Some people have it so easy :)
CONGRATS GUYS!! We've been out of town, so I just heard the news! We'll give you a call some time this week.
What a handsome baby boy! Congrats! I love the family pic!
Yay yay yay! Congratulations!
No Conrats sell out! You promised me that it would be Dave Lincoln Barlow. Whatever!! Good Post A besides getting the name wrong. I've got a big ego, I'll get over it. I apologize in advance for Tiff as she will be disappointed in my public display of being dumb.
Seriously, CONGRATS Kandis!! Way to have another cute kid.
OH MY GOSH!! I was so surprised! Congrats!! He is just beautiful!! I'm so glad everything went well. You have a darling family.
Congrats! Hope you guys are all doing well!
To all of us who have gone a week late-CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a fun surprise! He's a doll.
Yeahooooo! We are thrilled for you guys and hope things are going well!
CONGRATS! I know i already said it.. but CONGRATS!! He is soo cute!
Congratulations Barlows! Way to breeze through that delivery, you make it sound way too easy! Lincoln, what a cute name. He's precious.
Kandis you look amazing! How do you look so good after just delivering a baby?????? Lincoln sure is a cutie. Congrats the new family of four!
Congrats! So cute!
Congrats you guys! I'm so glad you posted pictures so fast!(way to go Adam) He looks like such a cute little man! We can't wait to meet him.
YAY! I knew you guys would come through with pics right away! Good work Adam! Welcome Lincoln and Congrats Barlow family! I would have loved to hear Kandis trying to convince the doctor that it really wasn't time yet! Kandis you're hilarious! By the way you looked soooooo beautiful in the after labor pics! You're amazing! And only two pushes, even more amazing! I have to say, your guys' new family pic is awesome/crazy! Something about two kids just makes you look like pro parents! The pic of Kenedee looking at her new little brother is PRICELESS! Licoln you're a cutie!
Congratulations you guys!!! He is adorable and what a cute family you have!!!
Congratulations! Your family looks so cute. And yay for going early, right?
It seems like just yesterday I saw you and you hardly even had a belly and now he's here. He's beautiful. Congratulations. Hope your recovery goes smooth.
Kandis I still feel stupid how our phone conversation started on Tuesday. Sorry! Anyways, I am so happy for you guys. What an adorable family of Four!!
congratulations. he is a cutie.
CONGRATS A MILLION TIMES!! He's adorable!!
congrats! he's a cutie!
Yeah! Congratulations! Good job Adam.
Yeah! Congratulations! Good job Adam.
Congrats on the new addition to your family. I love the name Lincoln. I agree with everyone else, you look wonderful for just having had a baby. Enjoy juggling two.
Congrats! That is so exciting!! Good job on the post Adam. Jackie (Ostler) Brown
Just want to add our congrats to such an exciting time and event!!! We hope you both continue to recover and enjoy being a fun fam of four!
congrats!! how exciting!! he is so cute, and TINY!!
Congratulations! Lincoln is precious!
Congrats, guys! He is adorable and Kandis, you look great!
kandis that sounds too easy, is it because Adam relayed it or are you that lucky?
Yay!!!!! We're so happy your little man is here. He's darling!
Congrats you two! I am glad that everything went well and he is a doll! hopefully your mom was there or able to come quickly after, it saved me that first week...kandice you look great! congrats again and have fun!
Congrats! We're only a few weeks behind you with our second baby boy! Boys are the greatest! I would love it if he came early! Any secrets???
Rebecca (Arnott) Webb
well, I came across your blog and I thought I would add to your 47 comments! Your family is adorable! congrats on baby lincoln...such a cute name!
Hey Barlow family! Congrats on the continued growth of your family. Good to catch up with you guys.
Post a Comment