Monday, July 28, 2008
BAD LUCK CONTINUES
I've been struck again! I first had my nasty spider bite, which finally began to disappear after Powell. I then had my ulcer pain come back for a few days the week we got back from Powell. Last Friday we went boating at the lake with the fam. I was enjoying my wakeboarding, jumping, etc. I went to do my last jump off the wake, came down, caught an edge, and got slammed down into the water. I smacked the front right side of my body, probably one of my worst falls. I sat in the water, caught my breath and took it easy the rest of the day, which I think I bruised some ribs. So Saturday I feel great and think, few I didn't do too much damage. Well Sunday morning I wake up with the most extreme pain in my right breast along with feeling like I need to throw up, body achiness, and a fever... hello MASTITIS. For those of you breast-feeding moms that have had this before, WOW, this is a total killer. Mastitis is an infection in the breast (occuring in breast-feeding moms) which most likely comes from a clogged milk duct. But when we looked it up online yesterday, it said it could also come from trauma to the breast, which I most definitely had while wakeboarding. I was able to get ahold of my OB yesterday and she prescribed me an antibiotic. I felt like complete crap yesterday but now that I have the antibiotic in me, I'm feeling tons better. The flu symptons have gone down and now I just have to deal with the pain. Maybe I need to shave my head so I'll have some good luck come my way like A-man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Kandis I am so sorry! On the phone the other day I wasn't sure what you were going to tell me. I can't believe it! Bug bite, ulcer, mastitis. Man I hope this streak ends soon!!!! Hope you are enjoying the last couple of days of your month long vacation!!!!!! LUCKY!
Yuck! I had mastitis with my second baby--it was almost worse than the birth! I'm so sorry! It was so fun to have dinner with you guys. Hopefully it will be a more regular thing next year!!! :)
You poor thing! We'll be sending positive energy your way. We can't wait to see you soon!! I'm so ready to spoil the niece and nephew.
Dang Kandis, that sucks! I have been lucky to avoid mastitis, but I've heard it is terrible! Hang in there! I enjoyed the pics of Lake Powell on Kelly's blog. Looks like you guys had a great trip!
hey guys, your kids are so cute!!! any chance they grow up as laker fans living there in the atl? sorry to hear about all of your bad luck. Adam, just don't let it run into fantasy b-ball season...cause brad powers is bringin' it this year. props on your blog, very well put together.
Oh my laws girl I can not believe that! This is crazy I hope this streak ends soon!
Ouch! As we tour Stevensville this week I will make a note of anything that is potentially dangerous...and I'll be sure to pass it along to you.
Hope you get better soon!
That is so not fun, I'm sorry! I had mastitis too, a few weeks after Daniel was born, and boy it was painful. Thank goodness for antibiotics!
Oh no fun! My cousin had mastitis, only she had to have surgery. They put a tube in her breast which she had to lug around for a couple weeks while it constantly drained fluid out. Then she had to stop breast feeding. Good thing yours isn't too bad but how miserable.
I am so sorry to hear that. My sister in law had it, and it was bad. Hope you feel better soon. Enjoy Idaho!
I know how you feel. I got mastitis when Hailey was like 10 days old and I thought I was going to die! I hope things get better for you soon.
Sorry about all your bad luck. Hey, very random...I was a roomate with Nikki Schroeder and was in the ward with Adam when you guys met. I have a random question for him: What was Philippe's last name? I'd like to know as soon as possible. I'll explain later. Could you have Adam write me? Here's my email address: tressafrica@yahoo.com. Thanks.
-Tressa-
Post a Comment