Wednesday, April 15, 2009

EASTER DAY

Where to begin. Throw up, three changes of clothes, ruined Easter outfits, Church talk, yummy food & friends.

Lincoln either had too much Birthday cake from the day before or an old batch of formula. He puked all down my dress as we were rushing out the door for church. I threw on a new skirt and hoped that was just a fluke. Adam was speaking in Church on the Atonement and had been preparing all week. As we're siting in Sacrament meeting (before the Sacrament) Lincoln throws up all down his new Easter outfit. Sick. So I rush him to the bathroom and try to wipe down the mess. I go back into the Chapel to figure out what to do, grab my bag, etc. when he throws up two more times, all over the seat, himself, and my second skirt for the day. Talk about the worst time to be experiencing all this. I headed home with Lincoln and Adam gave a great talk I hear. I seriously was super sad to miss it. So don't look too closely at Lincoln's Easter outfit (but I'm pretty sure I photoshopped it all out. Disgusting I know but I knew if I didn't take some pics, we would have had nothing from Easter).


Kenedee enjoyed an Easter egg hunt for some eggs and her basket once she got up from her nap. (No time in the morning trying to be early to 9:00 Church).

That afternoon we headed over to our friends' house for Easter dinner. There were about seven families so you can imagine some yummy food. Tasty ham, cheesy potatoes, sweetened yams, asparagus, salad, rolls, strawberry cake, and a smores ice cream pie. Kendall gave a great FHE for the kids on the Atonement. Afterwards, the kids went crazy coloring Easter eggs.

Other than the crazy morning, we had a great Easter.

3 comments:

Bryan and Marissa said...

Kandis- Kennedees pink sandals are adorable your kids looked so cute!

Elise said...

I am sorry about your crazy easter morning. I am glad it got better. The kids looked adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm the one w/ the presidents too. Madison, Lincoln, Kennedy & Reagan. I just came to peek how yours are...they're adorable and you made me miss home. We moved to South Bend from Long Beach California a couple years ago and had season passes to Cali Adventure and Disneyland. Those were the days. Looks like you had a great time!!!!I'm pink1976@me.com....