Wednesday, November 4, 2009

HALLOWEEN 2009

I would have to say this has been our best Halloween yet!!! Perfect weather, the cutest kids & costumes, and grandparents come to town!

My parents drove to Arizona (all day Friday) arriving in time for dinner. We grubbed and hung out for the evening. Saturday morning we went swimming, yes swimming in their outdoor hotel pool on October 31st. I still can't believe this weather...it is beautiful! After swimming came lunch, naps, shopping, and costume prep. The kids were so excited to go Trick or Treating and LOVED their costumes...which is another sweet story. My mom made their costumes 20 YEARS AGO. Kenedee wore the one she made for me and Lincoln wore the one she made for Kurt, my little brother. They were the cutest things I've ever seen all dressed up, they made my night!!! I introduce to you MINNIE & MICKEY MOUSE



I couldn't pass up Halloween without making them something. Since their Halloween bags are packed I decided to make them, costing me $2 in fabric, SCORE. I also made them new ears and added a bow for Minnie's ears. Their bags had to be matching of course!

Posing before heading out the door...

Minnie & Mickey with Grandma Kris & Grandpa Craig (Lincoln learned how to say 'grandpa' this weekend and said it about 500 times, not joking - 'bompa'

Next door to another one of Adam's Uncle/Aunt they go ALL OUT. It was one sweet set-up but a little creepy for the kids. They had this remote-control half-body zombie crawling on the ground towards Kenedee and she screamed! But other than that, they did good with the scaryness...


One of the few doors they knocked on. Halloween in Arizona was a new experience for myself and my parents. It was about 75-80 degrees outside and everyone was out sitting on their porches with the candy.

Chatting it up with life-size Buzz Lightyear -

Catching a ride with 'bompa'

Minnie in all her cuteness (don't you love her tail!)

The funniest costume I've ever seen. Hilarious!

An Olson tradition - enjoying McDonalds' hot fudge sundaes after a night of Trick or treating (growing up they used to give out free sundaes to kids in costumes on the night of Halloween so our parents always took us after we got done trick or treating)

Candy galore!

THE BEST HALLOWEEN EVER! Thanks Mom & Dad for sharing this day with us! We spent Sunday together and they drove home (all 14 hours) to Idaho on Monday. They are the BEST!!!

Trunk or Treat
Wednesday before Halloween we headed over to a Trunk or Treat (the Uncle/Aunt's Ward that we're staying with). Both kids had sugar overload. Lincoln ate all of this cotton candy, yes I should have taken it away but who doesn't love them some cotton candy.


After Lincoln finished off his cotton candy, he snuck over to the dessert table and started going to town on the brightest green cupcake I've ever seen! After cleaning him up after that he was trying to grab the popcorn on the table behind him, he loves him some SUGAR!

10 comments:

raisruckus said...

Those are the coolest costumes ever. The kids look darling. I had to laugh, McD's was always a tradition of ours too. In fact, this is the first year we didn't do Sundaes. Maybe the free thing is what started us too. Glad you had fun! :)

-Susie Q.

Heather Inns said...

I love the costumes they are so dang cute. I am glad you guys had a fun Halloween. How fun to have your parents there to share it with you as well. I hope things are going go for y'all.

I don't know if you heard but we are moving the beginning for Dec. to a new apartment out of the ward. We think we are going to be in your sister ward? We really need to catch up. Miss you tones.

The Watts Family said...

What cute little costumes, I love them! And, so fun your parents could make it down.

Stephanie said...

LOVE the costumes! So Cute! I remember our first Halloween in AZ, it was a little strange, but we loved the warmer weather. (Even though it did bring out some very skimpy costumes :) )

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Cutest costumes EVER! You should show the pic of you and Kurt wearing them! That would be fun!

Kellie said...

kenedee is pulling some serious faces these days! so funny. the costumes looked great on them.

Shanda said...

Kandis, This is Shanda (Higgins) Evans. I don't know if you remember me from IF, but I found your blog from Seth & Courtney's & I saw your post about Arizona. We lived there for 2 years before going back to school and LOVED it!!! I thought Halloween was great because we all sat outside & had a bbq while trick-or-treaters came by. And then Thanksgiving we ate outside & for Christmas we went waterskiing! I love Arizona! Its totally worth it to get a zoo membership & the children's museum membership. Plus, a fun tradition we had was going to the Nutcracker at ASU--its EXCELLENT! Enjoy Arizona for us! Your family is absolutely beautiful!!!

Bryan and Marissa said...

Dude the kiddos look so cute I love it!!!

Mary Mitchell said...

Cutest costumes ever! If I'm having a boy, you better believe I'll be stealing that idea =)!

Unknown said...

Your little family is so cute! And you are extremely crafty-- I can't wait for house pictures :)