We headed over to the Desert Botanical Gardens on Saturday, the 24th. They had a carnival for the kids, hay ride to the Pumpkin patch area, and free pumpkins for all of the kiddos. It was a good time even in our 90 degree weather that day (not joking, it was SOOOO hot that day). This is by far the hottest Halloween I've ever experienced. Not that I'm minding it at all because the weather right now is PERFECT but definitely not your 'fall' weather...
Here's Lincoln and Merrick (second cousin to Lincoln) enjoying their ride. (I could not get them to smile in the same pic)
Kids' first Hayride -

Kenedee, our fearless leader, was so excited to get to the pumpkins that she raced through the maze, leaving the rest of us to run to catch up with her...

So many options for a 3 year-old

Searching for the perfect pumpkin

Found it!

Laters Mom! Gotta show Dad!

Mr. Destructo was a little too strong for one of the handles. (He was even known to be seen picking up pumpkins and chucking them as far as he could! He loves to throw things right now and thought it was an awesome game until I caught him; sorry to anyone who got that pumpkin!)

Showing off their pumpkins...

Tractor loving! I might be from Idaho (and many think that is all Idahoans do - ride tractors - but I for one have never been on one!)

Like Father like Son. (you can also see Lincoln's flushed cheeks from the heat, we were dying out there!)

PUMPKING CARVING 2009
It was sad this year not having a Carving Contest (I'm a little bit, more like extremely competitive so that was always an exciting event for Adam and I) so next year I might just have to start one out here.
Lincoln was all for the pumpkin guts...


Kenedee, on the other hand, stuck to coloring her little pumpkin from Aunt Debby. She wanted nothing to do with the 'yucky' pumpkins...

This year's pumpkins were not too impressive but super quick to carve out. Hopefully next year we'll come back with some winners.

Adam roasted up some pumpkin seeds and they are delicious!

To remind you of some of our favorite pumpkins...
2006 - Pumpkin helmet on top of a pumpkin carved face (AWESOME)
2007 - Adam's pumpkin doing his business on the toilet, Kandis' pumpkin - Kenedee's face
2008 - Adam's basketball net and ball, Kandis' pumpkin bird in a birdcage (Adam's idea).
4 comments:
I miss the pumpkin carving contest pictures. They were awesome.
looks like you guys are liking az. i am coming to visit next week. maybe we can plan a time to meet up.
I'm glad you guys went to the Desert Botanical Gardens for Halloween...and a little jealous. I really liked that place, can you tell? I miss the pumpkin carving contest pictures too.
Well... I'm really self-conscious about my pumpkin carving skills now. I used to think I was pretty good at it- now I know I was wrong!
PS- if you were dying of heat at the end of October, be prepared for summer time! Don't leave anything in your car! It will melt for sure!
Post a Comment