Sunday, February 21, 2010

LINCOLN


This is a big month for Lincoln-boy (22 months old). He is growing up so quickly!!! As crazy and energetic as he is, he is the happiest, sweetest little boy I know. These are some things I don't want to forget about him... As soon as he wakes up in the morning he comes into our room and asks for 'Dee'... which is a big thing for Lincoln. He just recently started referring to Kenedee as 'dee' since this is easiest thing for him to say. He could say her friends names but never hers so it makes me smile to see him calling her a name finally, and 'dee' is it. So he'll come in our room in the morning and wait for her to get up (he doesn't quite know what to do with himself when kenedee is not around, he loves her!). As soon as she gets up in the morning he goes running up to her with the biggest smile on her face, wraps both arms around her, and yells 'DEE!' - talk about the cutest thing to see. He loves to show affection. He'll walk over to me a few times a day so he can kiss me on the cheek or give me a hug, I LOVE THIS KID!

Another big thing for Lincoln is saying his ABCs. Kenedee wasn't saying actual words until she was like 27 months old, so the fact that Lincoln is talking super early amazes us. But Adam started going through the letters one-by-one the other day and he started repeating each one. I couldn't believe it! The second child definitely picks things up quicker.

And lastly, he is now BINKY-FREE! I knew I had to do it before he turned 2 but I wanted him to adjust to our new house before I mixed it up for him again. We just got back from California and take off again next week so I was going to wait until after then. To be honest, I've been dreading it because of all the crazy stories you hear about it taking 3 nights of horrible sleep, crying, screaming, and craziness until they finally go on without the bink. Cause don't get me wrong, he loves his binky as much as the next child, he asks for that things multiple times a day and usually tries to sneak it out of bed during the day. But I decided to try a nap (two days ago) without the binky. I told him 'I can't find your binky, it's all gone!' (I was planning on cutting the binky and all but thought I'd try something easy before I have to get all tricky on him). He wasn't too happy about it, he kept saying 'my bink, my bink' with a little pouty face. But I stuck to it and put him down. No hassle. WHAT! So I tried again that evening for his bedtime... piece of cake. I was thinking, 'this can't be this easy. Am I in for something...' But we just finished day two of no BINKY and he's been fine, no screaming, crying, whining, nothing. He just lays down and goes to sleep! I couldn't be happier! So I think we're now binky free...if only we can get Kenedee to stop sucking that thumb of hers.

And lastly, one of my favorite times of Lincoln's is right after he gets his hair cut. I don't know what it is but I love it, they look young, fresh, and completely adorable. He has had quite a few hair cuts and is getting better each time. He will now sit patiently for me, allowing me to quickly give him a 10-minute hair cut. He is one handsome little guy in my book!

No comments: