Thursday, March 18, 2010

MEET ROSE...

Adam finished the Arizona Bar on February 24th. After studying for hours on end, memorizing a million flashcards, and more, we needed a weekend to unwind. So we packed up the family and took off for California on Thursday (the 25th).

NATURE CENTER

While we were there, we headed over to the Nature Center near his parents house. They have a few reptiles and things for the kids to see. But the most memorable would be our encounter with Rose, the TARANTULA. The lady pulled her out of her case so we could pet her...what! Kenedee and myself take a few steps back, while Adam and Lincoln dive in.

The lady then asks if we want to hold her - heck no! But Adam agrees and becomes Rose' new best friend.


Adam kept pushing me to touch her. But everytime I thought about doing it, chills would just run up my back. I am no fan of spiders, they pretty much freak me out. I do realize I'm way bigger than they are (can you tell my parents had to tell me this all of time growing up) but there is just something indescribably creepy about these things. uuugggghhh. I'm getting chills just thinking about it. But I braved up a little and reached in (don't you love my body language. I was as far away as I could be while barely touching her hairs. SICK!)

Lincoln was our fearless leader (or too little to realize what he was touching). Kenedee was not a fan.

Lincoln was fascinated with the snakes. The STAREDOWN...


After the Nature Center, we met up with Adam's dad for lunch at El Torito (this place was tasty!)

Can you tell that our kids LOVED their ice cream sundaes!

3 comments:

Corey Davis said...

My favorite picture is the one where you and Adam are the ones wearing the toy hats, not your kids. Awesome.

Corey Davis said...

oops, this is Erin, just on Corey's account.

Jackie said...

Ha! My dad would always try the "you're bigger than the spider so why are you afraid?" thing on us, but it never worked.

It must be some sort of family logic that grandma and grandpa used on them, but I'm guessing it skipped our generation!