Thursday, July 29, 2010

two lakes in one day

While still in Idaho, we enjoyed a full day in the sun...first at Rigby Lake followed by boating at Blacktail Lake, my kind of day. My mom & I took the kids to Rigby Lake, a childhood favorite of mine. This is as close to a beach as you get in Idaho. The kids loved playing in the sand and sitting in their tubes...



We headed home, put the kids down for naps, and got ready for an evening at Blacktail Lake. The kids love boating!


Blacktail is known for its rattlesnakes but in all my years of being up there I've never seen one until...it was crazy watching it slither across the lake and made me a little nervous everytime I jumped in that day.



It was an evening of skiing.

And then came my dad, the Professional...

6 comments:

Jackie B. said...

oh my gosh! you'd never find me in the water after seeing that snake. scary.

Anonymous said...

Seriously....you guys had so much fun!
I don't think I could ski after seeing the snake...eek!

Elise said...

Kandis I am dying right now... remember how no one believed my rattle snake story? You're so brave!

Greg R. said...

That is seriously scary. I remember when my dad's friends killed 3 rattlesnakes on a Lake Powell trip. Freaked me out.

grant + brittany said...

i can't tell you how much i hate snakes, just seeing that picture will probably give me nightmares tonight. ahhh. that is so cool that your dad is such a pro!

Bryan and Marissa said...

Dude that snake was crazy!!! But you look so good skiing!!!