Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Ideas

I thought I'd share some fun things I created this Halloween for Primary that be used for various Halloween ideas - favors, kid parties, etc.

We were doing our Teacher Appreciation on Halloween so we made these 'broom' bags for each of our Teachers (40 total but each of us in the Presidency made 10 so it cut down on the production). I found the idea on Martha Stewart, they were simple to make, and turned out adorable! They were filled with candy, cookies, popcorn, etc. Just what the teachers wanted...more candy on Halloween :)

Primary was also in charge of a game at our Trunk or Treat over the weekend. We threw around the idea of bowling, pin the nose on the Jack-o-lantern, but then I came across this super cute idea in a magazine (while sitting at the OB...thanks for the idea!) It's Mummy/Ghost bowling. The bowling pins are made out of 2 liter pop bottles, filled with water about a third of the way up, topped with batting, and felt circles for the face - creating your GHOSTS. For the bowling ball I used a basketball and then wrapped it in the gauze wrap that sticks to itself - creating your MUMMY. It was simple to create and turned out awesome! This would be great for a kid Halloween party...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such cute ideas! Thanks for sharing...it's always nice to see someone's successful projects :)