Wednesday, November 3, 2010

HALLOWEEN-TIME

HALLOWEEN 2009 - Minnie & Mickey Mouse

HALLOWEEN 2010 - Tinkerbell & Peter Pan
I love having them match. We'll see how long that lasts but for now, it is absolutely adorable!

Saturday, October 30th, we raced home after the Desert Botanical Gardens to get some naps in for the kids before the long night ahead of us. They were so excited when they woke up to put on their costumes. Lincoln has been looking forward to this day for about a month now. If you'd ask him what he was going to be, he'd say 'peeta pan' in a very English accent, so funny. I decided to make his costume this year and there's just something about homemade costumes, I think they look extra adorable. I borrowed Kenedee's Tinkerbell dress from a friend and added the wings, shoes, and bag. I was quite happy with how they turned out...they looked mighty cute!!!!

First stop - Trunk or Treat
Our Ward had a huge turn out at our Trunk or Treat. There were games for the kids, hayride, face-painting, food, and costume parade all before the we took them around to the individual trunks. (Kenedee trying out 'ghost bowling' - earlier post, and myself & the kids in the Costume Parade)

After our Trunk or Treat, we headed over to Adam's uncle's neighborhood to get in some door-to-door trick or treating. We took the kids to this neighborhood last year and it was a huge hit - everyone goes all out. Here we are before we took off for another round of trick or treating.

Knocking on the doors...

Walking from door to door...Lincoln's bag was so heavy by this point that he could barely carry it, but he refused to let anyone hold his bag.

Checking out one of the neighbors crazy setup...

Lincoln's mission was complete - way more candy than one 2 year old should have. He was pooped by this time, warn out from carrying all of his candy from door to door. And he still refused to let me hold his bag for him.

It's been a tradition in my family since I was little to go get sundaes at McDonalds after we finished trick or treating (in Idaho they would give free sundaes to kids with costumes). This year we decided to take it a step up and treated ourselves to some yummy Coldstone (more like my parents treated us). It was one fabulous day!!!!!

Checking out their candy stash at the end of the evening. Look at that smile on Lincoln's face...pure delight!

4 comments:

Tiffany W said...

So cute! I love the matching, it's super cute. And they are so cute together, how fun.

The McNeil Family said...

Love the costumes. Your kids are adorable!

celeste said...

i suggested peter pan to the kids this year, but they didn't go for it. i think it's such a cute idea!

Xander said...

Al and I copied their '09 style for this year ;) We cant help it... those kids set the trend!