Friday, February 25, 2011

Zoo Day

On President's Day (February 21st) we decided to take a picnic to the Zoo. We went in the morning as well as the rest of Phoenix - I've never seen that many cars there! But the nice thing about the Phoenix Zoo is that it is very open and spread out so even though there were a TON of people, it didn't feel like it. The best thing about having a membership there is not feeling like we're rushed and need to see everything each time we go. It is the perfect outing for our family!


We ate our lunch on one of the benches and just so happened to the pick the bench that had THE friendliest squirrel. I don't think I've seen a less-timid little creature. Kids were coming up and petting him. Our kids decided he needed some lunch as well and fed him chips, apples, bread crumbs. How cute is this little guy munching down some lunch with us. And yes, both kids went over to give him some food and before we could even say no, they were both petting his back. It was pretty cute but also a little nasty to think about all those germs, what would I do w/o my antibacterial container. Adam and I were both laughing that our favorite part of the Zoo that day was not the Zoo animals themselves, but the free-roaming squirrel that just happened to be there that day. Thanks for making our day little friend!

No comments: