Monday, April 4, 2011

Conference Weekend

We had a great Conference weekend, as I'm sure most of you did. Now that I've accepted the fact this baby isn't coming anytime soon, I've tried to keep ourselves BUSY and it's been great! We took the kids to see 'HOP' on Friday night...not a winner but cute & entertaining.

Saturday morning we took the kids over to Home Depot for their Kids Workshop morning to build planter boxes. They put on their aprons that morning and were super excited to build another project...


We bought two pots for each of their planters and let them pick what kind of seeds they wanted to grow. Kenedee chose flowers for one and artichokes for the other. Lincoln chose corn for one and watermelon for the other. We'll see how they turn out!


After Home Depot we headed home to watch the morning session of General Conference, went to some friends house for a potluck lunch (SUPER YUMMY) and watched the afternoon session there. Adam went to Priesthood session, I deep cleaned the house again :) and then we met up with friends afterwards for some yummy frozen yogurt, just what I needed!!!

Sunday morning we set up shop for the kids so they were all ready for Conference. They had their Conference packets ready to color, a Bingo game w/M&Ms that Adam created, and their trays ready to go. It made for a great morning! (they colored the entire time and even listened for the words that were on their Bingo sheets!)



They are both into building trains at the moment and create some pretty sweet tracks these days. The ponies also got added in on Sunday...

It was a fabulous weekend (other than the fact that I didn't go into labor). My parents drove down to Conference with their car packed just in case they needed to take off and keep driving on down to Arizona. I called them after Sunday's Afternoon Session and gave them the go-ahead to drive back home to Idaho :( But I guess the good news is that my Doctor is back in town! I had my check up today and we should have a baby by the weekend!!!!! My due date is Friday and I have an Induction set for that night (I would have bet you three weeks ago that I wouldn't make it til my due date and it's now four days away). At least we can see the end and I can feel good that this baby had it's full amount of cooking time :)

2 comments:

celeste said...

i like their conference "desks". :)

good luck this week!

Criscell said...

Why is it that I ALWASY manage to forget about that kid's home depot day? Looks like you guys had an enjoyable conf. weekend with all the fun things for your kids to do. Goodluck with your baby! Hope all goes well!