Our weekend first started off with our Fathers & Sons outing. This was Adam & Lincoln's first year going so they were both super excited - not joking. I packed up Lincoln's backpack with his clothes and he wore it on his back practically the whole morning until Adam came home. Adam was also super excited, borrowed his Uncle's fishing poles, got his fishing license, and had the car all packed up the night before. Here are the boys packed up and all ready to go at lunch (Friday May 6th)...

Adam was stoked about taking Lincoln fishing (Adam wishes he was a pro fisherman :) They unfortunately didn't catch any fish but a boy they were with caught two trout. The boy and his dad don't like fish so they gave them to Adam to eat that night. So Adam learned how to gut them, cooked em up and fed them to he and Lincoln. Adam was raving about how yummy they were. I joked with Adam that he came home a new man (learning all these new outdoor skills).


The boys packed up and came home on Saturday morning smelling all camped out (that's the only negative about camping, I'm not a fan of the dirty, smoke smell). They showered up and we took off for a day of me! We first stopped at IKEA to look for some outdoor furniture. We didn't find exactly what we had in mind but we did find a chair for the computer desk! I've had my eye on this chair for a few months now but didn't want to spend $140 on it. Someone had returned one so they had it in their 'as is' section for $70...SCORE!!! After IKEA we headed over to Nordstrom Rack where I got my first nice pair of sunglasses. They are pretty much awesome! We might hit up the outlets this next weekend cause I didn't have any other ideas really for my birthday. After shopping we came home, Adam ran to the grocery store to get our Sunday meal, babysitters came over, and we were off to dinner. We ended up going to the Olive Garden for dinner where Adam had surprised me with some friends waiting for us in the back. It was a grand time and we enjoyed some yummy food. He had also pre-ordered my most favorite cake (really an ice cream pie but I've had this every year on my birthday since I can remember. It's the BOMB!). So a friend had picked it up, Olive Garden put it in their freezer and they surprised me after dinner with a birthday song and my special cake!!!! (These pics are from Adam's phone and not the greatest but the only ones we have from that night.)

After dinner, we came home and opened the presents from the kids. They had wrapped them all by themselves and couldn't wait for me to open them. I scored a sticky hand from Lincoln, growing alligator from Kenedee (the ones you put in the water and watch grow), and a whoopie cushion from Pierce! (and a pic of my new chair. who knew a chair could make me so happy :)

Flowers from Adam: pink for my birthday and red for Mother's Day...

MOTHER'S DAY was pretty much a perfect day as well. It was my first Sunday back in Primary and it was so nice to be back with the kids. I had Sharing Time which turned out to be a lot of fun having the kids guess some mystery moms that I had come in. After naps that day I checked Kenedee's throat and found white sores on the back of her throat so I took her in to the Pediatric Urgent Care where she was diagnosed with Strep throat. Bummer. But we arrived back home to a perfectly cooked dinner by Adam: steaks, mushrooms, baked potatoes, and artichokes. YUMMO. Adam and the kids did a mighty good job of making me feel extra special this weekend.
And Happy Mother's Day to my momma and my mother-in-law. They are some amazing women and we were lucky enough to be sent to them. WE LOVE YA BOTH!!!!!!
3 comments:
We were so sad that we couldn't make it to your Birthday dinner. I'm glad that you got spoiled this past weekend. You deserve it. My boys now think Lincoln is a crack up. I'm assuming it is from Fathers and Sons.:)
i love that you and heidi have the same bithday!
also happy mothers day!
What a great weekend. I hope you had a great birthday. The father and son outing is making me wanting to go camping.
Post a Comment