Friday, May 20, 2011

Sunday photo-fun

Sunday, May 15th, I pulled out the camera after church to take pictures of the kids together (since they looked so cute all semi-coordinating) and ended up taking tons of pictures that day.


Pierce is just over 5 weeks old in these...and looking sooo much cuter. Shortly after I posted about his not-so-cute stage things started to turn around for him :) At his month checkup the doctor told me that she thought our detergent was irritating his cheeks on top of the acne. So I went and bought Dreft (special baby detergent), re-washed ALL of his clothes, and it started to clear up! I also was done with his crazy looking hair so at just 5 weeks old, Pierce got a haircut and looks soooo much better. He also started doing a super long stretch at night for me. He first treated me to some amazing sleep on my birthday (how thoughtful, right) but that was at 4 weeks old and not too consistent. But last week he started to be more consistent, eating at 9:30/10 at night and sleeping til 4/5 in the morning (followed by another 3-4 hour stretch)...HEAVENLY. It's amazing what a solid 7 hours of sleep feels like and getting up just one time a night. Thank you little Pierce!!! (the last two nights, not so good, but overall this kid is sleeping great). He's getting so big!



Both kids love this little man! Whenever Lincoln talks to him, he has to be right in his face (like four inches away). I'm constantly saying 'Lincoln, don't talk to him so closely!' But what to do you do when he just loves his little brother...




Kenedee also has nothing but love for her brother. She is becoming more brave with picking him up and carrying him. She treats him like her little baby and loves to pick him up, put him back down, re-situate him, pick him up, burp him, etc. I have to keep a close eye on her cause she has now started walking while holding him. But she's a good big sister...


Kids were having fun taking pictures...


We picked up 'OPERATION' at a garage sale over the weekend. Kenedee & Lincoln love trying to get the bones out but Lincoln freaks out if he touches the edge. He doesn't love loud things (fireworks, cap guns, etc) so he if he touches the edge and the buzzer goes off, he drops the tool and takes off running...pretty funny to watch. Here he is in action -

He had the goofiest smile while he played it - a scared but excited look. This kid is a crack up! (we were in the process of putting pajamas on so he was sporting nothing but underwear. So I photoshopped in some shorts as to give him some privacy in case you're wondering what's going on :)


After a full day of fun, Pierce was ready to sleep!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

So now I really think he is a new mold of yours and Adams genes. I don't think he looks like either of the other two, he has his own look, maybe the light eyes. Awesome you cut his hair. I like that Kenedee is wanting to carry him everywhere, scary for you but fun for her ;)

Debbie said...

Kandis,

My husband and I are coming to Phoenix this weekend and I would love to see you. Let me know if you are available. salt.debbie at gmail.com.

Debbie