Wednesday, February 8, 2012

December Dinner

Friday, December 9th, we had some close friends over for a nice Christmas dinner (adults only). I've always wanted to decorate a Christmas table so this was my excuse to do it. I must say it was very therapeutic with how crazy my December was to take a day and decorate for a party. I LOVED it and will for sure be doing one each year. Everyone came very nicely dressed...dresses and suits, one even might have worn some fur :) We had a festive Christmas dinner with pork tenderloins, sweet potatoes, pomegranate salad, rolls, fruit bowl, etc (everyone contributing to the dinner). The name cards had a question on the inside relating to Christmas or a Christmas memory/tradition, which led to some entertaining table conversation and Christmas tradition talk. After dinner we had a yankee swap which I might have laughed so hard my cheeks hurt for the rest of the evening. And ended the evening with dessert. It was just what I needed amongst the craziness...and I got to enjoy my decorated table for the rest of December :) (I don't think I can have enough lime green in my house, ahhhhhh)




1 comment:

Heather Inns said...

Adorable, I love it. Thanks for sending us your Christmas card. So dang cute.