Tuesday, February 19, 2008

ONE DOWN, ONE TO GO!


DONE! I have finally completed my canvas! The only sad part is I think I'm only doing the canvas part for now. If I only would have done this when we moved in, it would have been more worth it for me. With us moving in a year and a half I decided to wait to paint the tree part on the actual wall, but it will be done! (in our next house that is) So after almost two years of living here, our living room is finally COMPLETE!


So with that project done, I've got one more to complete before the baby arrives... THE ROOM! I went all out with Kenedee's room if you haven't noticed. I found this bedding online and fell in love with it. So I painted each wall like her bumper - a pink, tan, brown, and scribbles wall. I love her room so much that I could live in it so thus being said, I was unsure of where to put a boy if we ever had one. It was a good thing I was able to find out so early cause I've been thinking about her room ever since. Luckily Glenna Jean makes that same bedding for a boy, problem solved. But I want him to look like he belongs in this room as well so I decided to paint some of the scribbles areas (pink patches) blue. There was no way after all that work that I was about to paint over her wall so I thought that would be the best solution. She does have a solid pink wall but I figure I'll just place her on that side of the room and his crib will be on the brown side of the room. The bedding arrived a few weeks ago, the paint has been purchased, so all I have to do is paint the blue (my only problem is now deciding which pink areas I want to switch to blue). Good times but I'll be happy when it's all done!

15 comments:

Criscell said...

WOW!!! You are SO creative! Seriously, were you an art major...interior design, maybe?? It looks GREAT!! I would like to have a tour of your whole house! I really like to do that stuff but I never know what I'm doing--nor do I really have any money to do anything...

I like your idea of integrating Keneddee's room to be for your little boy too. I've thought a lot about that as well since if I had a boy they would have to share a room. Why are you guys moving? Is that when your husband is done with school? Are you going back to IF after that? Did you buy your house or are you renting?

Kandis said...

We bought our house about two years ago. It was built in 1957 so we remodeled the inside when we first moved in (new windows, new bathroom, painted all the rooms, new lights, etc). I love design (since my major was graphic design) and love modern/contemporary interiors, which is why our house is pretty modern. I work from home actually doing graphic design for a company in Utah so I'm able to still keep up with it. I only work part-time (usually when Kenedee naps) so we'll see how much I'll be doing once this second comes along.

Adam finishes law school in about a year and a half, at which point we're outta here! We not for sure yet where we could end up, Utah/California/Arizona but for sure back West!

Katie said...

you are so talented. i love the canvas and kenedees room. i think ending up in az sounds awesome. :)

Amber said...

seriously amazing!! i'm so blown away!! you are so incredible. I seriously want to hire you out to come help decorate my house, we've been here three and a half years and I don't think any one room is complete. good for you!!

Rachel said...

Look at you go! Your such a cute mom. Will you come paint my walls when I have a house.

Jackie B. said...

nicely done!

Court and Britt said...

very cool!! i love the idea for the kids room:). and i love the green and brown!!

admin said...

Holy cow! I absolutely adore your eye for design! If I had the $$$ I'd fly you to Alaska to re-do my terrible condo LOL!

Can't remember if I've commented on your blog before, but I'm a cousin on the Bradshaw/Hutchins side :)

Molly Hutchins (married to Ben, Debby's son)
http://theadventuresofsuperwife.com

blythe said...

I love your painting! Your house is so cute! I can't wait to see the kids room when you are done!

AlliSMiles said...

you're so creative. i love love love what you do. i think i should have you do our house when we eventually buy one!

Shaunte' said...

Kandis, it looks awesome! Job, well done! I'm also loving your idea for the baby room too. I wish I had your creativity.

Tiff and Dave said...

It looks awesome Kandis!! I would love to see your whole house! It seriously looks darling! Come back west and I'll pay you to do a little paining for me!!

CYD said...

Kandis! Are you sure that's your house and not a clipping from a design book?!?!?! It looks awesome! I'm very impressed!!

Tori said...

Your living room looks like its right out of a West Elm catalog!! It's beautiful, Kandis!

john and nikki said...

Kandis,

The room is awesome and will be even better when you put the blue in for your new little boy. I love the canvas and your decorative touches. Very nice! I wish i had an eye for that sort of thing. I am not artsy at all!