Tuesday, May 27, 2008

THUD...

Kenedee went down for her nap at 1 PM. After a bit of crying she finally fell asleep around 1:20. She woke up crying around 2:10 (sleeping only a half hour). So I leave her in her room and let her cry, hoping she'll go back to sleep. After crying for an hour, 3:00 rolls around and I'm about to go in and get her since we were going swimming at a friend's pool. All of the sudden I hear this loud, distant THUD (I thought at first it was construction or something down the street). I then hear Kenedee start crying even more and thought 'oh great, that just scared her'. So as I was about to put away my computer and go get her, I see her bedroom door open and Kenedee running out crying. I look at her in COMPLETE SHOCK. My child just climbed out and FELL out of her crib! what! I made sure she was okay and then called Adam just laughing, this child is a little fighter and total climber, not good! I still can't believe she climbed out of her crib, if only we had a secret camera in there to see how it all went down, I really wonder how she fell cause it was pretty loud. Hopefully she doesn't realize she can do that everyday now! I did take out her crib bumper tonight so hopefully that will solve the problem for now. I hate to put her in a bed while we're sooo close to getting her sleep back to where it was. So we'll see how long this lasts, if that smart little thing does it again, we'll probably be buying a bed the next day.

As far as her sleep is concerned, many of you have asked if it's back to normal. Not yet, but oh so close. It went all downhill (after a week of Lincoln being born, which was when I posted) and stayed that way for the next two weeks while company was in town. We brought her into bed half way through the night since we didn't want company awake all night to a screaming child. After they left, we knew it was time to get serious. I had Lincoln's 1 month checkup that week so I asked the doctor what to do. She said I just had to let her cry it out, otherwise she'll be in our bed forever (not cool). Let's just say the next few days were INSANE! It really didn't bother us this time round since we didn't feel as guilty letting her cry because we were following the doctor's orders. But I still can't believe what a fighter she was those first few days. I started right away with her nap that day. She cried straight from 1-4 at which time I then got her out of bed - zero nap. That night we put her down at 9, she cried til 10 and fell asleep. We were thinking, sweet. But then she woke up at 4:30 AM and cried til 8:30 AM at which time we got her out of bed (so yes, she was now functioning on 6 hours of sleep and no nap the day before). She was super tired that next morning so I laid her down for her nap at noon and she cried til 4 (zero nap again). I was in total shock by this time that she had cried for 12 hours in the last two days which were 12 hours that she should have been sleeping. We were feeling a bit nervous by this point that she was not going to give up but we made progress that night and it went up from there, PHEW! She is now back to her 12 hours at night with very little crying when we put her down (five minutes at the most). But her naps (as you just read) are not yet back to where they were. But no complaints since she is now sleeping from 8 to 8 again.

3 comments:

Tiff and Dave said...

Wow, I can't believe how hard she fought you guys, but I am so glad she is getting back to normal! Those new babies kind of throw the toddlers for a loop! Sooo sorry to hear she fell out of the crib though. I was lucky enough to never experience that, but I know you aren't alone. She is such a doll and I can't wait to see you guys again.

PS did you decide on a wipe case, or do you want me to just send you one. I have one in mind for you, but I want you to be able to chose if you would like to. Just let me know!

Tiffany W said...

Wow, she is stubborn! After hearing how much crying she's been doing, it's kind of surprising she didn't climb out of her crib earlier. I hope things continue to get better for you.

giff.jenna.maddox.jordi nielsen said...

Awe, poor Kenedee and poor Mommy! That's rough! Hopefully it was just a fluke! Let me know how it goes! I'm not looking forward to big kid beds!