Thursday, November 13, 2008

BRUISED EYES

Kenedee has had a rough month to say the least. She's now had a cold/cough for three weeks. On Halloween she sprained or twisted her ankle and has been limping around for the last two and a half weeks (x-rays were taken - no broken bones). And on Monday of this week, we were at the park with our friends. Kenedee was running up the playground stairs, which she does a million times at the park. She missed the stair and came smack down on the next step, hitting her head/nose between her two eyes. I couldn't see where she hit her head at first, she just kept pointing to it and crying super loud. So I sat her down and within seconds this giant goose egg appeared in between her two eyes. It pretty much freaked me out. It has gone down in size but has shown all colors of the spectrum. By day three it was totally black and blue (luckily it didn't creep too much into the eyelid area). Today (day four) it's now a pretty green and yellow. I have to take Lincoln into the doctor tomorrow and my poor child looks abused, oh the craziness of a two-year old!

Day One-

Day Three-

Day Four-

Don't you love her sweet smiles these days and her awesome morning hair!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

oh poor girl. Kids will be kids

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

I think that kids under the age of 5 should just walk around in helmets! I always wondered if people thought I beat my kids because they ALWAYS had a bruise.
Sigh...rough being little!

Kellie said...

I could just stare at these pics all day, she totally makes me laugh with those faces! I think she is on to starting a long list of bruises/breaks for her life.

Blake Jones said...

Hey Kandis these pictures are great and man I sure can see the Kandis in her, (not the bruises) but the facial expressions and the hair and all of the above!

Bryan and Marissa said...

Yeah it for sure is worse in person! I am sure it will get better soon though!

Anonymous said...

Poor girl! But you are right she still does have an adorable smile and great morning hair...love that you documented her bruised eye so well!

giff.jenna.maddox.jordi nielsen said...

hey lady! sooooo sad! she looks like a hilarious little girl! i love the morning hair, the thumb sucking, and the toughness! im glad you documented this! hey are you going to make a blog book at the end of the year?

Court and Britt said...

Oh that is so sad!! Good thing she is so cute though:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kandis! Saw your cute little blog through Chelsi's and hope you don't mind me saying hi! Your mother gave a beautiful talk at stake conference when they got put in the presidency so when I saw your blog on Chelsi's I thought I would tell you that :) You have a beautiful family! Sorry about your little girls "owie"! But she is one of those kids that looks adorable even black and blue! :) ~Janell Price (Snarr)

Meagan said...

Kids always look like they've abused. (at least with my boys) I remember when Peyton first started riding his bike, he went off without his helmet and fell right on his head. He had the biggest goose egg on his forehead for the longest time.